━ [72]

Val's pov

"Yeah, he had a fiancé before you, a little baby on the way too" a baby!! What? Is this what he didn't wanna talk about. "Yeah. Wow, they were so cute together"

"It seems as if he had downgraded, I mean you'll never be up to Hayley's status with him, she was his everything. He loved her"

Anger flooded through me once more, and tears were falling from my eyes.

I didn't muster out anything and instead speed walked out of the house, slammed the door and ran as fast as I could in my condition to the car. I had to of sat there for three minutes, crying before Alex made his way down, a box in his hands. I watched as he set the box down in the backseat before getting into the drivers side.

He looked over at me and I watched as frown came to his face. "What happened? Why are you crying?" Why did he seem, angered and annoyed at me. I didn't understand what was going on, maybe he was just tired?

But I didn't answer. I couldn't answer, words couldn't come out of my mouth.

The drive to the house was long and silent much like to drive up here, and I didn't speak not one bit.

I could tell Alex was getting irritated again with me, because every time he asked a question I didn't answer.

As soon as we got home I walked straight upstairs and into the bedroom. I laid down in the bed, and just cried.

I didn't know why I was jealous, or upset. Maybe because the fact that Alex didn't tell me he had a baby before, and a Fiancé.

I heard someone knock on the door, and I watched as Alex walked in. He had a sad look on his face. "John told me, he told me about Hayley" I watched as his breath hitched and he froze in his spot near the door. It took a while before he finally answered.

"What did he tell you?"

"How she was your everything. You two had a baby on the way, that she was your fiancé" I yelled angrily. He had no right to keep this from me. Even if it was the past.

I watched as he rubbed his temples. He seemed anxious now.

"How long have you been keeping this secret from me, huh?" I asked angry.

"Months, years!" I yelled. He didn't reply. "Your going to tell me everything, or I'm leaving" maybe I was a crazy pregnant lady, but I wasn't playing around.

He came over and sat down next to me on the bed, but didn't touch me. I didn't want him touching me anyways. "I had a fiancé, Hayley. She was the love of my life back then, and yes we were going to have a baby. But that's not the whole story" he started with, I just nodded silently sitting up.

"It all started in a mall, when I was 20. She had been 19 at the time, and we were just walking around when these men came in, they had been robbing places all around the city back then,"

"They had guns and had been shooting people who had disobeyed them. Hayley was one of those people, she was trying to calm a little boy and his sister when this man came over and shot Hayley twice in the head"

"They made everyone including me sit there while people bled to death on the floor, I never got to save her. Even if I wanted too, she had died right there in an instant"

"And from that day on, I made it my choice to protect the ones I love, which is you. You ever wonder why I've never let you go to work? Why I've always been the one to provide for us? It's because of that, because I don't wanna loose you too" he finally finished off with.

Wow, I didn't know what to say. But it still hurt, and no matter what I was still going to be jealous. "We planned on having a couple kids, get married. And eventually she became pregnant, she had already picked out the name milo, and I had agreed on naming our baby boy that"

"And that's why you don't wanna name out baby that?" I asked curiously, he simply nodded. Quickly moving from my spot I made my way to hug him, we hugged for a while and he seemed to have been silently crying too, which I didn't mind.

"I'm so sorry Alex, I-I didn't know, I shouldn't have pushed it, I-" "I know, it's okay" he interrupted.

"What was she like?" I knew whatever the outcome of his answer would send me pain and jealousy to my heart, but I had to deal with it. "Beautiful, caring, all in all a great woman" he smiled and I frowned,

He just seemed to be upsetting me even more as he went on though, a little bit of jealous pained your heart, but you couldn't yell at him or get jealous right now. This was a serious matter

You gave him a sad look, before realizing him from the hug, and standing up.

He seemed to have taken it the wrong way.

"No, no. I may miss her but I still love you, I would never ever compare you to another girl it's just-"

"Different" you mumbles. He sighed out a breath that he had been holding in. "Yeah, it is"

"And no matter what, it's always going to be that way" you stared at each other. Pain and jealousy in your eyes, and grief and sadness in Alex's eyes. You didn't know how to comfort him, I mean had hadn't been wanting much love from you lately anyways.

You still loved him, you were just jealous.