━ [40]

Val's pov

We had left the house and now we were driving to some doctors office, we were going to the mall too, but us girls had planed to see how far along I was.

The boys didn't know we were doing this, they just thought it'd be a couple hours at the mall and then we'd return but they were wrong.

We had arrived at the doctors office and we had signed me in before we waited in the waiting office. "What do you think it'll be?" My mother asked, "well, Alex thinks it's gonna be a boy, but I think it's gonna be a girl" I smiled, "I think it's gonna be a boy" Lucy mumbled, "me too" Alissa, Diana, Mom, and Nina said in synch.

"What makes you think that, it could be a girl" I looked around them.

"Valerie Williams?" Someone called out. Looking up I saw a woman in white scrubs, me and the rest of the girls stood up and walked over to her. She a had a bright smile ok her face as she watched us all approach.

"Now uh, Which one of you is Valerie" she laughed, her Australian accent strong. "That's me" I said, "great"

"I'm Elena, I'm going to be your doctor for today" she smiled shaking my hand. We all fallowed her back to the room and I watched as a bunch of equipment appeared. "Here, why don't you lay down, and the rest of you can take a seat" she mumbled pointing to the bed in the middle of the room, i laid down and watched as my mother came over and stood next to me to hold my hand.

"So your report says your here for an ultrasound, to see the gender of your baby?" She asked as she read over the clip board in her hand. "Yes"

"Now is this your first baby?"

"Yes it is" I smiled.

"Could you lift your shirt for me hun?" I nodded as I lifted my shirt a little bit until it was just under my breasts. "Okay, this will be a little cold" Elena said as she grabbed something and started to rub it onto my stomach. A quick shiver was sent all through my body. I watched as on the screen a black and white picture of inside my stomach showed up.

"Okay, that's your baby" she smiled at me pointing to a tiny dot on the screen. I smiled, "it's looks to me that your 5 weeks along, but I won't be able to tell the gender of the baby until, 16 to 20 weeks. So you'll have to come back"

"Okay" she wiped all the gel off before helping me sit up to pull my shirt back down. "Would, you like a picture"

"Yes please" I watched as reached over to a printer and grabbed a black and white picture. "Here you go" I stared at the black and white picture before smiling, "oh, can I see" Alissa mumbled. I nodded passing her the picture, I watched her look at me and then the picture in awe, she passed it around to everyone and I watched as smiles spread on there faces.

"Now there are some things that you should know during your first trimester" she started. "You won't gain much weight, you might gain some, but it's totally normal for you to not gain weight in the first trimester so don't be worried,"

"As you probably know, you should avoid alcohol throughout the whole 9 months"

"And back to the thing about earlier, you might not look pregnant in the first trimester, that's totally normal most woman deal with this,"

"When will I start showing?"

"It's different for each woman, but most start to show during the 12 to 16 mark"

A/n

Here's a longer chapter for you guys.
Rn I have a stomach ache, and I don't really know what caused it. I feel nauseous, but I have updated for you all. Hopefully I feel better before school starts, I hate going to school sick. :/