Simple

The man's eyes widened before waving his hands in panic.

"Wait that came out wrong! Sorry, I must sound like a crazy stalker or something," he gasped, "My name is Song Jaeho. I'm a talent scout for Melody Hits. I want you to come audition for our company. I actually want both of you to come audition."

Both of our jaws dropped as we stared at the man. He gave a polite bow and handed us a business card. Jihoon hesitantly took it and I peeked over his shoulder to read it.

Song Jaeho
Melody Hits Talent Scout

My eyes snapped up to look at the man, a frown marring my face.

"Melody Hits? I don't think that would work out... I sent in an application to your company months ago and was rejected. Why would they take me in now?"

"Ah yes... I apologize for that Nari-ssi. I actually approved your application but I was overruled by the rest of the team. But I decided to do my own research and I really do think you are a perfect fit for our company. Discovering your boyfriend makes it even better. Jihoon-ssi correct? Please consider coming in for an audition," he pleaded, smiling brightly at us. We both stood there, unmoving as we stared at him in disbelief. His smile faltered slightly and he nervously cleared his throat.

"So um... just give me a call in the morning and I'll set up a time for your audition. Have a nice day!"

We both silently nodded and bowed as he left.

"Oppa? What just happened?"

"I think we just got scouted..."

__________________

~6 Months Later~

Warmth spread throughout my body as thunderous applause broke out in the crowd. I stood from my stool, clutching my guitar to my chest and took a full bow. A hand interlaced it's fingers with mine and I looked over to see a beaming Jihoon. We had debuted together as a duo. The company had decided that they wanted to try something different and decided to push us as an idol couple. Backlash had initially erupted from netizens as they questioned why the company would allow new idols to date. However, seeing people listen attentively to our debut song and their positive reaction just proved that things were looking up. Jihoon took to the mic once more and sent me an affectionate smile before turning back to the audience.

"Thank you so much for coming out to our showcase! We really appreciate your support and we look forward to starting this journey with you all. We hope you enjoyed the first song we sang together. The next song however, I started writing a long time ago. It was only recently that I was able to finish it. I'd like to dedicate it to my beautiful groupmate and girlfriend... I hope you enjoy it..."

Jihoon led me back to my stool as I stared at him in slight confusion. We hadn't discussed him performing a second song. He sat in his own stool before turning to face me, the smile I love so much adorning his face.

"Nari-ah... do you remember the day you first saw me? This song is the song that started it all...You have gone through so much... I just want to let you know that despite it all nothing matters as long as I have you..."

My vision quickly became blurred as the familiar chords began to play.

I'm standing on the last road for today
It's like this every day
In this big world
I know I'm like a particle of dust
Nothing is easy
In this exit-less, maze-like world

Happiness is only a word
It's just a dream that everyone wants
But that doesn't make sense
I don't even wanna believe that
Yeah I just want it SIMPLE SIMPLE oh

Everything that makes me breathe
I want it to be simple
Until it goes far far away
Until I can't see
I call you baby yeah
Baby's called my happiness yeah
Yeah I just want it SIMPLE SIMPLE
I want it SIMPLE

Nothing is easy
In this exit-less, maze-like world

Happiness is only a word
It's just a dream that everyone wants
But that doesn't make sense
I don't even wanna believe that
Yeah I just want it SIMPLE SIMPLE oh

Everything that makes me breathe
I want it to be simple
Until it goes far far away
Until I can't see
I call you baby yeah
Baby's called my happiness yeah
Yeah I just want it SIMPLE SIMPLE
I want it SIMPLE

Em I want it simple yeah
Even if everyone says I'm wrong
I hope we can all smile when the night is over

Everything that makes me breathe
I want it to be simple
Until it goes far far away
Until I can't see
I call you baby yeah
Baby's called my happiness yeah
Yeah I just want it SIMPLE SIMPLE
I want it SIMPLE

"Thank you for being my happiness Nari-ah..."