Almost

Half an hour later we managed to pick a song and had decided to change the slow ballad into an upbeat acoustic song. I had borrowed Jihoon's guitar and had begun to experiment with new chords for the song while Seokmin began on line distribution for us.

"Noona I'm going to go get us some snacks okay? I'll be right back," Seokmin said after a while. I nodded and continued to mess with different chords as he left the room.

"That sounds really good so far."

I looked up to see Jihoon looking over at me.

"Thanks..." I replied, smiling over at him.

"Hey, you promised me that you would show me your music next time we meet. It's next time," he said, walking over to sit in Seokmin's seat. I blushed slightly and fidgeted in my chair.

"I don't know... I'm not very good..."

"Please? You promised," he pleaded, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. My jaw dropped at how adorable he looked and I immediately went to pinch his cheeks.

"Awwww! My oppa is so cute!"

"Ah! That hurts!" Jihoon whined, trying to pry my hands off of his now blushing cheeks. I giggled and continued to pull at his cheeks. Jihoon eventually gave up on trying to remove my hands and just held my hands against his face, pouting at me. It was at that moment I realized how close our faces were. Jihoon stared back into my eyes and I saw them briefly flicker down to my lips. Panicking, I quickly pulled away and held onto the guitar tighter.

"I wonder where Seokmin is with those snacks..." I softly said, avoiding eye contact. Jihoon sighed and pulled my chair closer to his.

"Nari-ah... I don't know and I honestly don't care... I'm more interested in hearing a pretty girl's song," he whispered, giving me an encouraging smile. I caved as he continued to look at me and began to play one of my better compositions. Against my better judgement, I opened my mouth and began to sing as well. My eyes were clamped shut as I sang, afraid to see Jihoon's reaction.

After what felt like forever, I finally played the last note. Still afraid of Jihoon's reaction I continued to keep my eyes shut, waiting to hear him say how bad the song was. My eyes snapped open however when I felt a hand on my chin and was met with the sight of Jihoon leaning in, his eyes set on my lips. His forehead had just barely touched mine when we heard a thump at the doorway. We both jerked away from one another and saw Seokmin scrambling to pick up the snacks that he seemed to have dropped.

"S-sorry.. I-I'll just come back..." he mumbled, hastily running from the room. Silence enveloped the room and neither of us seemed to be able to look at the other.

"I... think I'm going to go see what Mingyu is up to," Jihoon softly said, scratching the back of his neck, "Your song is really beautiful though. Don't doubt your work so much okay?"

I absentmindedly nodded and he left the room. Once the door closed I found myself finally able to breathe again and buried my face into my hands.

Oh my god... We almost kissed... We actually almost kissed!

"Noona.. can I come back in?"

I looked up and saw Seokmin standing in the doorway, his arms still full of snacks. I weakly smiled at him and he sat back down next to me.

"So... I got a bunch of different snacks... I hope you like something I picked..." he mumbled, spreading them out on the table. I randomly picked a bag of chips and softly thanked him. Seokmin hadn't moved since I had began to eat the chips and I turned to look at him.

"Seokmin... is everything okay?"

He quietly turned to look at me and nodded.

"Just trying to decide whether or not I should start calling you sister-in-law or not," he said, smirking. My jaw dropped and I slapped his arm.

"YAH!!! LEE SEOKMIN!!! NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!"