Please let me in...

7.30.15

-------

"Thank you for picking me up..."

"No problem."

The atmosphere was rather tense as we walked back to my dorm. Jihoon had called me everyday for the two days that I was gone but I had avoided the topic of why I was in Busan at all costs. I knew I would eventually have to tell him, but I just couldn't bring myself to actually do it. Unlocking my door, we walked inside and I led him to the couch after putting my bag down. Pulling him down next to me, I snuggled into his side and softly sighed in contentment. The stress was slowly tearing me up and I really just wanted my boyfriend's company. Unfortunately for me though, Jihoon was sitting unresponsive next to me, a frown on his face. Sitting upright, I turned to look at him with a weak smile on my face.

"I really missed you..." I murmured. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye before stiffly nodding. My smile dropped and I tightly clenched my hands in my lap.

"Jihoon..."

His body tensed before drooping slightly. He gently took my hand in his and rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand.

"I missed you too Nari-ah... I'm sorry I'm acting this way. I just worry about you and the fact that you won't tell me why you left so suddenly has been frustrating me. I don't like seeing you upset and when you left you were completely distraught. I just feel helpless being in the dark," he sighed. I leaned my head against his shoulder and sighed.

"Oppa... I'm sorry that I've been avoiding telling you anything. I don't... I don't like keeping secrets from you but this is just something I have to handle on my own..." I whispered, my voice wavering. He pulled away slightly and placed his hands on my cheeks, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Please let me in... let me help ease the pain... I can't just sit back knowing that you're hurting..."

My heart clenched as I stared into pained eyes that mirrored my own. I felt my walls crumbling under his gaze but shakily shook my head no.

"I can't... not yet... I will soon, just not now. Please give me more time..."

"Okay..."