Chapter 9: My House, From Here

Comenzar desde el principio

Brown/White: Who am I? Who are you? I’m supposed to be here. You guys are accessing an area on lockdown.

Sarge: Lockdown?

Brown/White: This is a restricted dig site, what are you doing here?

Caboose: Oh, uh, we were just looking for, uh…

Sarge: Oh, we’re just passing through on the way to meet up with the rest of our squad.

A Mongoose approaches the group.

Brown/White: Oh, great. Stay here. Don’t move. Don’t touch anything.

Grif: Why didn’t you ask about Tucker?

Sarge: We don’t know anything about these guys! What if they’re the ones causing trouble for Tucker? We don’t know if we can trust them yet.

Caboose: Oh right! Because normally you guys are the ones who cause trouble for Tucker.

Sarge: Right. That’s our job.

Valhalla

Simmons: Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy. Listen Lopez, I’m not racist. I just didn’t know you were standing there when I said that.

Lopez: Cómo te hace eso no racista? (How does that make you not racist?)

Simmons: I had a lot of mechanical friends while growing up. Seriously, I am not a racist.

Lopez: Lo que sea. (Whatever.)

Simmons: In fact, I’m one-eighth cyborg.

Lopez: De veras? (Really?)

Simmons: Yeah.

Lopez: Por el lado de tu madre? (On your mother’s side?)

Simmons: Yeah, you know, from my accident, when Sarge replaced all my organs.

Lopez: Ay, cierto. (Oh, right.)

Simmons: See? I’m down with the 101…001… scene.

Lopez: Nadie lo llama así ahora. (No one calls it that anymore.)

Simmons: Look, I’m just saying I’m sorry. Now, can you help me with those explosives? Please?

Lopez: Supongo... (I guess…)

Simmons: Okay… then we’re cool?

Lopez: Sí. Estamos bien. (Yeah. We’re cool.)

Simmons: Oh, that’s a relief. I was getting worried there for a minute. I know how you Mexicans like to hold a grudge!

Silence.

Simmons: I’ll just find another way to blow up the base.

Lopez: Buena suerte con eso. (Good luck with that.)

Sandtrap

The man in brown and white armor came back with an alien in purple armor color with cobalt lights.

Brown/White: Okay, now, we want the three of you to go-

Grif, Sarge, (L/N): Whoa!

The three of you step back in sync.

Caboose: Uh oh.

Caboose does the same in a delayed reaction.

Brown/White: What the…? Oh, right! Sorry, I’m so used to working with aliens now that I forget that some people don’t have any experience.

Sarge: Oh, we’ve got experience with these things. Some of us more than others.

Brown/White: You guys fought aliens during a war?

Grif and Sarge look to Caboose and you, Caboose looks down dejectedly, while you remember that Tucker gave birth to an alien he named Junior, and then turn their attention back to the man in brown and white armor.

Grif: …Yeah. Something like that. Let’s just say we got a little closer to them than we thought physically possible.

Brown/White: Well, don’t worry about ol’ Smith here. He’s really friendly.

Grif: …Yeah, that doesn’t really put us at ease.

UNSC Maximum Security Detention Facility

Washington is walking towards where the Commander is with a guard.

Guard: All right Washington. The man in charge has agreed to see you. You have five minutes. Do anything aggressive, and I’ll shoot you. Do anything weird, and I’ll shoot you. Do anything I don’t like-

Washington: -And you’ll shoot me. I got it. I think I’ve identified the pattern.

Guard: Talk back again, and I’ll shoot you. I don’t know why he’s even seeing you.

Washington: Because I know something he wants to know.

Guard: Well, good for you. You have five minutes.

Washington: Guess I should say thank you.

Guard: I guess you should get going. Your five minutes already started.

The door opens.

Commander: My dear Agent Washington. I’m so pleased to make your acquaintance, do come in. I feel that we have much to discuss.

(A/N): And that marks the end of Chapter 9. Feedback is appreciated and noted.