Ch23: Make It Snappy

I'd usually sit in the condo and shop online or eat everything in sight. That was half of my day. The other half would be convincing men that I was the best they could ever have. And I was. Untouchable is how I described myself. Padre agreed. A few days after the auction party I wasn't working as much because we had new girls. I hadn't even spoken to the girls yet. I just decided to relax, make at least 300 bucks & call it a day.

One day Padre stormed in the room I was in, talking on his phone. He seemed upset so I just looked at him and looked right back at the tv screen. "Alright! You want it taken care of, it's done! Just have my money by tomorrow!" He said to whoever he was on the phone with. Then he came and stood over me. I slowed down eating my fruit and looked at him. "You want some?" I said with a mouth full of grapes. "I need your assistance." He sat down beside me. "There's some guy who goes by the name Ed. He's gotten a few of his guys to rob my old spot and I need to get it back." "So what do I need to do?" I asked him. "They're having a celebration at this club called Club OD. I need you to dance for him in a private area so my guys can take him out. Can you do this for me?" "Yeah I guess. I'll just need a good nap before then. Tomorrow right?" I stood up and took my bowl to the kitchen sink. "Tonight, 9 o'clock." I turned around quickly. "Tonight? Baby nooo, I wanted to relaaaaaxxx!" "You've relaxed enough Imani! You haven't even been working that much lately." I tilted my head and walked towards him, "But babyyyy.." He stood up, "No buts, be ready by 8:30." He kissed my cheek and walked out of the room. "Ugghhhhh!" I fell back on the couch and covered my face with a pillow.