Ch9: Those big blue eyes.

Finally we made it to my dorm. It took us two trips each to get everything inside. I was so glad I got everything I needed for now. I was kind of surprised I didn't have a roommate. My mom told me she paid for the luxury dorm but I didn't know it would be this nice. I had two bed rooms, a living room, a kitchen & two bathrooms. It was nice. Tyler helped me put everything away. I laid all the crafts and things on my dresser and flopped on my bed. I looked at my phone. "Ughhh, it's only 4 o'clock?!" "I know right. Seems like we've been out all day. I could really use a nap." he said while sitting on my bed. "Me too." I unlocked my phone, set an alarm then played some music. I took my shoes off then he did the same. I handed him a pillow. "Thanks." "You're welcome." We laid there face to face for a while. Tyler smiled. "Why are you smiling?" I asked. "Because.. I could be somewhere else right now but instead I'm here with you." "Well you don't necessarily have to be here." "But I want to be, that's why I am."

He and I both knew that he was suppose to be out helping the freshmen. I guess he'd rather be with me. That made me appreciate him much more and value the time we spend together. I loved staring into his eyes. He turned away from me and laid on his back. I got closer to him and placed my head on his chest. He kissed my forehead. That was like the third time he did that! I didn't understand why tho. So I asked, "Tyler." "Hm?" "How come you only kiss my forehead?" "It's how I show that I care without being too passionate." "Well what's wrong with being passionate?" "Nothing. I just haven't gotten your permission yet. But it'll happen on it's own." "And how are you so certain of this?" "I see the way you look at me Imani. I match all of your standards. The thing is I don't want you to get hurt." I sat up after he said that. "I'm a big girl Tyler. I know how to deal with my feelings." "Noo noo. I mean physically not emotionally. I'd never hurt you." "What do you mean physically?" "Well I guess I'll go ahead and tell you." he sat up and began telling me what I needed to know.

"Last year, my freshman year, I moved here from Missouri. But I wasn't alone. I was currently in a 4 going on 5 year relationship with a girl name Jessica. She had my heart and I had hers. She was amazing and I really loved her. I was even planning to marry her but it was a side to her that I tried so hard to ignore until I just gave up. Jessica is extra competitive and it started out kind of hot but it got so obnoxious. She wants to be a dancer and all the competitions she's been in have ended with the paramedics present. Long story short, I got her pregnant before an upcoming event and her instructor had forbidden her from performing. But she insisted. She got an abortion without telling me just so she could still perform. It really tore us apart and the side effects & mood swings totally pushed me away. So I had to let her go. Since then she's tried to hurt any girl she's ever even seen me converse with. That's why I want us to be careful."

I was so stunned! I couldn't even imagine the kind of pain he felt. This girl was something else. But I dare her to step to me. I wasn't gonna back down. She think she's psycho? Ha, honey salute a boss when you see her. This just made things more serious for us. I moved closer to him and placed myself in his arms. "I promise you I would never ever do anything like that. I know you're hurt but I'm not afraid of her. I don't care what she tries to do to ruin us, I'll never leave your side." He just looked down at me with a smirk then rubbed my cheek. "Go ahead and take your nap sweetheart." I smiled then I sat up to kiss his forehead. I was showing him that I cared about him just as much as he cared about me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.