Ch5: First Date

The next morning I woke up feeling pretty good. I was ready to start my day. I got a text from Tyler.  

"Goodmorning gorgeous! The early bird gets the worm. Let me buy you breakfast, my treat."  

"Goodmorning Tyler! & sure, that'd be great!"  

"Awesome! I'll be over in about 5 mintutes." 

"Ok! " 

I'm not even gone front, I was slightly excited he wanted to take me out for breakfast. First I got a shower then I began looking for something to wear. While ironing my clothes I heard a knock on the door. I tied up my robe & looked through the peep hole. It was Tyler. Man he looked like some type of model! "Hey, I'm still getting ready." I said while opening the door. "It's okay take your time." He stood in the kitchen laughing at some video he was watching. He had on this white short sleeve button down, lime green shorts, and a pair of sparry's. He was looking good. I have to give it to him.

I walked back to my room & started ironing my clothes. I had a white tank tube top and these blue denim high waist shorts. I grabbed my light blue & lime green Nike jet turfs and my gold chain. I did my hair, brushed my teeth, spray a little bit of perfume then I was ready to go. I grabbed my purse then walked out of the room. "Okay I'm ready." "Did you do that on purpose?" he said with a smirk on his face. "Do what?" "Matched with me." I looked at him then looked down at myself. "Well no, I didn't! Let me go change." He grabbed my hand before I walked off. "You're fine. We look great." "Are you sure?" "Yeah! Plus I'm starving." We walked to the car. He opened the door for me. He's such a gentleman. We pull out of the parking lot and he turns up the radio. Gavin Degraw's I'm not over you comes on. "Ugh!" he said while closing his eyes & exhaling.

"You don't like this song?" "Yeah it just brings back memories." "I know exactly what you mean, trust me." I said while shaking my head. "Okay so explain this to me Imani. Why are you single?" "Well, I just haven't really focused on being in a relationship. Yeah it would be nice to call someone mine but I just have to let things fall in God's hands." When I said that he smiled and rubbed his chinned. "So you love God huh?" he asked. "Oh yeah! He's the center of my life. Without him I'm incomplete." "I feel the exact same way. Well we're here." he said while parking the car and getting out to open my door."Mmm, Ihop! I love their New York cheesecake pancakes!" "Me too. I like how you can really taste the cream cheese. It's so exquisite." I just looked at him with a half smile. I've never heard a guy say anything like that before. "What? Too weird?" he asked. "No, not at all." I responded. He has no idea what he's in for. Ha, we're gonna get along just fine.