Ch30: Flashing Lights

I stood there, still froze in the moment. Ed slowly squeezed the trigger of the gun he had aimed at me. Suddenly, I saw someone burst from the crowd and tackle Ed. It was Tyler! Thank God he was okay, but why is he fighting Ed? I wondered if he had seen me yet. Did he know I was in danger or did he just want payback for Ed knocking him out. I backed away from them. Padre's men stepped away from the wall and looked at me saying "who is that," while pointing to Tyler. I ran up to Padre's guards and took one of their guns. Tyler was still on top of Ed, beating his face in. I kicked Tyler off of him in order to protect him. He fell back and stared at me while he breathed heavily. He turned his head sideways and squinted his eyes at me. "Imani?" he said. A tear fell from my eye. I closed my eyes and nodded my head. Heaven knows I missed that guy. To hear him say my name nudged my heart. I still wanted him but I was too trapped in a different lifestyle. By looking at him, I got distracted. Ed grabbed my ankle with his bloody hand. I flinched and shot him in the chest. Everyone in the club jumped, including Tyler. Padre's guards walked up grabbed me by both arms. "Let's go." one said to me. Tyler reached his hand out to me and yelled, "Imani, wait!" "I'm sorry." I said back to him as I was escorted out. The entire club cleared out immediately and I was in the back of a limousine, fighting the most painful tears ever.