Ch35: Back to back

Imani's POV

After Tyler saved my life, I rested at the hospital over night and got to leave the next morning. He stayed with me all night. Michael and Devin fell asleep in the lobby. We woke them up to us holding hands and smiling. "Are you okay?" Devin said while rubbing his eyes. Tyler answered, "we are now. Let's go guys." We all got in the car and headed to the school. Michael and Devin headed to their dorms and Tyler walked me to mine. "I can't believe my things are still here. I didn't get kicked out or anything." I asked him. "Actually, you did. They were just waiting for you to come back and get your things. But look, I'm very close to the dean. If you want to we can go and speak with her tomorrow to explain everything and ask if you can stay." "I don't think I wanna stay in the dorm anymore." I said. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Tyler, I think we should move in together." "Really? Just me and you?" he asked me. "Yes. I can't be away from you again. Let's stay together." "Okay. We can stay together. That's cool." We smiled at each other. "Another thing, you may have to talk to the police. Just try to remember everything that happened. What you did was pure self defense, so if you're taken into custody that's what you plead." Tyler caught me way off guard. "Wait what?" "I'm just being realistic here. It's possible. But I'm right here with you through it all." he reassured me. "I missed you." I said to him. He kissed my forehead. "I missed you too."