Ch6: A big surprise

We were both full after we left Ihop. He tipped the waitress since she was so polite. That reminded me of when I was younger and when someone would leave a tip I would go back and take it. Ha, I wanted to tell him about it but before I could open my mouth to speak he told me he had a surprise for me. I was excited but nervous at the same time. I had nooo idea what he had planned. Plus we JUST decided to hang out this morning. "Are you excited, nervous maybe?" he asked me. In my head I was like "dang I just said I was." "Mm just a little." I answered. "Just relax." he replied while turning on the radio. How to save a life by The Fray had just came on. "Yesssss!" we said together. "You like this song? Heck yeah." we laughed at ourselves. "Okay we take the chorus together & we'll take turns with the verses I go first." I said. "Alright alright, hit it." We sung the song with so much enthusiasm. Looking into each other's eyes, it was so amazing.

He really can sing! When it was his verse I just watched him and listened to his nice alto voice. We sounded so good together. When the song ended I just smiled. "Here we are. Let me get the door." he said while parking. All I saw was a bunch of people surrounding this stage with stereos, a dj table and microphones. "What is this?" I asked. "This.. this is Harmony Heaven, also known as Double H. It's where all the singers, rappers, beatboxers, dj's, dancers, and poets come to show what they do. Look. You see that guy getting on stage. That's Bryan. He just stands there and beatboxes until someone is brave enough come on stage with him and show what they've got." I just listened as he created this dope beat all by himself. Everyone was dancing and smiling. I waited to see who'd get on stage with him. "So is anybody gonna go or are they just gonna wait til he passes out." I said. I was really talking to myself cause once I turned around waiting for a reply Tyler wasn't there.

So now I'm looking around for him and suddenly I hear a lot of cheering. I couldn't see from where I was standing so I was excusing myself through the crowd. Then I heard someone singing to Bryan's beat. "You came into my life so unexpected. Yeah, & I know for a fact we didn't expect this. But girl we've came so close and I don't regret it. Noo, girl this here is real and I won't neglect it." I finally made it to the edge of the stage. There I saw Tyler with his hand held out. I shook my head no but he insisted. He pulled me up on stage, holding my hand & continuing the song. "So take my hand and we can dance all night. I'll love you while you love me, that's right. This here is special. I never had anything better. That's why I'm glad I have you. Oooh, that's why I'm glad I have Oooh girl, that's why I'm glad I have youuuu!" he kissed my forehead after his last note. The crowd cheered so loud. I felt myself blushing so hard, good thing I'm not white. "You like that? Straight off the dome." he asked. "Yes Tyler! I love it." I said while hugging him. That was truly the best surprise ever.