Ch18: Meet Padre

As I looked in the mirror I wiped away a line of fog & fixed myself up. The outfit that Cam gave me was actually pleasant. It was a light pink button down short sleeve top and a pair of dark denim skinny jeans. I felt a bit dizzy so I sat down on the toilet. I had to think about how I would present myself even though I don't even know why I'm meeting the man. I heard someone enter the room. They knocked on the bathroom door. "Imani! You in there?" "Yeah, I'll be out in a second." I responded. I stood up, fixed myself once more, & stepped out of the bathroom. There he stood rolling a pair of die in his hand and biting a toothpick in the corner of his mouth. He looked me up and down then smiled. "My my my. Imani is it? Cam, you didn't mention her pure hazel eyes." "I didn't know that was the name of them but they are beautiful." Cam replied. "Thank you. Most people just say greenish brown." I added. "Show her to the car so she can go meet the other girls." the man told Cam. "I didn't get your name." I said to him. "Just call me Padré." he said with a smirk.

         That sounded Spanish to me and he was black as could be. Well we're almost the same complexion and his hair did curl up a bit. But he can't be Mexican. Cam and I walked to the car. It was a silver charger. "Wanna drive it?" Cam asked me. "Heck yeah!" "One day." he said with a side smile.