Chapter 30

welcome to the final chapter 🙌🏽
Im sorry this has a terrible ending I just didn't know how to end it and wanted to get it over with
thank you to everyone who has read this book from beginning to end!

recap:

Ethan pulls the car out of the parking spot and we start driving home. He turns up the radio and everyone starts to dance and sing except me and Hayden. I probably would be singing too, of it weren't so awkward back here with Hayden.

He suddenly leans over to me. "Can I ask you something?" He says, and my heart starts to beat faster.

"Yeah." I reply, fidgeting with my fingers. "What is it?"

"Why did you try to kill yourself?"

*****

My heart drops into my stomach, and my body stiffens. A whole wave of different emotions flood my body, leaving me shocked.

"I-uh, what?" I stutter out, my eyes widening at Hayden.

"Please tell me, Olivia." He whispers, his brown eyes boring into my own.

Anxiety courses through me. "Uh- Well." I start, staring down at my fingers, refusing to meet his gaze. "I can't." I whisper.

He lets out a breath of disbelief. "Are you kidding me?" He whispers, sounding aggravated. "I told you about my sister. I opened up to you, which is something I rarely ever do. Yet you're saying you won't tell me one thing?"

I feel his eyes burning a hole in the side of my head. He scoffs.

"I can't tell you here." I say. "That conversation is too formal for the back seat of a car." I look up at him. He sighs and leans back in his chair.

"Alright." He replies, not looking at me. I glance back down at my fingers. What am I supposed to say to him? How can I explain this?

The car ride seems to take an eternity. When we finally reach the house, the sun has already set. I get out of the car as quickly as I can, hoping Hayden won't follow after Kian and me. Unfortunately, he does. I guess I won't be able to escape his question tonight.

I reach the door first. It's unlocked, so I open it. I hear mom and Faith talking quietly. A door closes, and mom appears at the top of the stairs.

"How was the zoo?" She asks, starting to walk down.

"It was good." I reply, slipping off my shoes. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Mom, it's okay if Hayden stays the night, right?" Kian asks, putting his arm over mom's shoulders. She sighs and nods her head.

"Thanks momma." He says, smiling at her. I look down at the ground, because I can feel Hayden staring intently at me. My heart skips a beat.

"Hey, Liv. Why don't you come upstairs with us?" Kian asks, completely oblivious to the fact I don't want to go anywhere with Hayden. I get up, defeated. I follow them up the stairs and into Kian's room.

"Hey, I'm gonna go take a shower. Don't do anything while I'm gone," Kian states, narrowing his eyes at Hayden.

As soon as Kian leaves he room, Hayden is staring at me again.