Chapter 10

"So Hayden stayed with you?" Kian asks as he plops down on the couch.

"Yeah. He said he wasn't comfortable with me staying here after I fainted and all." I explained.

"Ah, ok." He says, nodding his head slowly. He sucks in a breath as if he's going to say something else, but he doesn't.

After a few seconds, he suddenly says, "Olivia, please tell me the truth on this, alright?"

"Ok.." I say slowly, eyeballing him. The expression he wears is giving me anxiety.

"Have you actually been telling me everything? The last time we spoke like this you told me things were getting better." He says softly, his warm brown eyes boring into mine.

I take a deep breath. "Yes. I've been telling you everything." Everything except I've cried myself to sleep the last two nights. "You have nothing to worry about." Nothing except the fact that I don't want to be alive right now. Kian lets out a shaky breath, obviously glad that conversation wasn't very long.

"Ok. I trust you." He says.

You shouldn't.

*****

"Hey Hun," mom says as she walks into the living room. "Your principal called today and told me you came home early but he didn't say why. So why did you come home early?"

"My stomach was hurting." I lie.

Lying has always been fascinating to me. It's a simple thing but there are many not simple ways it could end. It's also extremely easy, and if you're good at it then people don't notice you're not telling the truth. For instance, it's easy to lie to your friends, siblings or parents. But if they actually catch you, you lose their trust a little each time you do lie.

After all, there are three things that can't stay hidden for long.

The sun, the moon, and the truth.

•••••

"What's for dinner?" I ask my mom, who's grabbing things from the fridge.

"Lasagna." I let out a sigh of delight. I love Lasagna, it's one of my favorite foods. At least one happy thing is happening today.

"So how has school been going lately?" Boom. My bubble of happiness pops immediately and I flinch back as if she burned me. I guess she actually thought she did burn me and she turns to touch my face.

"Are you okay? Did I burn you?" She examines my face for any signs of redness.

"It's okay mom." I say, not wanting her to know the real reason why I flinched.

"So what were you going to say? About school, I mean." She turns back to resume making the Lasagna.

"It's fine. It is school, after all. Not much to say." I reply, shrugging my shoulders.

"Good, good. So what's up with you and Amelia? Or do you not want to talk about it, if you don't, I understand." She says, but the way her voice sounds I can tell she's curious.

"I'd rather not talk about it mom... sorry..." I swing my legs uncomfortably off the chair.

"Oh. It's alright," She replies, even though I can tell she's hurt.

"Mom, I promise it's not because I don't want to tell you because I do, I just I don't want to think about it right now."

She just waves me away with her hand. I heave a sigh and head upstairs.

I flop backwards onto my bed and stare at the ceiling.

Is it even worth it? To be alive? I don't really have any close friends anymore, it doesn't really seem like people want to be my friend.

I feel a warm tear slowly make its way down my face.

What's the point?

OI OI OI HELLO! MY CHAPTERS PROBABLY AREN'T GOING TO BE AS LONG BC IDK BUT OK BYE

anyone notice my Teen Wolf reference