Chapter 25

I'm updating something later today, but it's three different books I've been working on. I want to know what one I should post first, and what you will be most interested in. I will still post them all if I don't give up on them😂
*****

Today's the day. Grayson is coming over for dinner.

Kian told dad he was going to have a friend over for dinner, because his parents were out on a date and he was all alone for the afternoon.

Really, we just want to see how dad reacts to him.

Dad is pretty good at cooking, so he says he's going to make lasagna for dinner. My family really loves lasagna.

I slip on a pair of leggings and a grey sweatshirt, then I walk down the stairs, where I find Kian sitting on the couch.

"Hey," I say, sitting next to him. "Why do you look so nervous?"

He takes a deep breath. "What if dad doesn't like him? How am I supposed to tell him we're dating?"

I put my hand on his shoulder. "I think that even if dad doesn't like Grayson, he will still accept that this is what you want to do. He'll understand, I know it." I assure him.

He sighs. "Yeah, you're probably right. I need to get myself together." He runs a hand down his face, calming himself down.

There's a knock on the door, and I get up to answer it, knowing it's Grayson. Kian trails closely behind me.

I open the door, revealing a tall guy, around six foot three. His hands are shoved into the pocket of his dark jeans, and he's looking down at the ground.

When he sees I opened the door, he looks up and smiles politely.

"Grayson, I assume?" I say, smiling slightly.

"Yep, that's me." He laughs nervously.

"There's no reason to be nervous. Just act natural, we are only going to see how dad reacts to you." I tell him, stepping aside to let him in. He steps in, mumbling a thank you and following Kian into the living room. I trail behind them.

"My dad is making lasagna for dinner. Do you like lasagna?" Kian asks, sitting down and motioning for Grayson to sit next to him.

"Yeah, lasagna is good." He gives Kian a tight lipped smile and sighs.

Dad suddenly walks into the living room with a big smile on his face.

"Hey Grayson! I'm glad you could come for dinner. Kian told me you would have been home alone if it weren't for us." Dad says, walking to shake Grayson's hand.

"Yes. Thank you for having me." Grayson says, shaking his hand. I smile slightly, he went from being nervous to completely confident. He would be a good actor.

"I just put it in the oven. It should be done in about forty more minutes." Dad says, then turns around and walks upstairs.

*****

"Dinner's done!" Dad calls from the kitchen. I turn off the TV and get up from the couch, walking into the kitchen. The smell of lasagna makes me hungry, and my stomach grumbles.

I grab a paper plate from the counter and I walk to the stove, where the lasagna sits. Dad has already cutting pieces for people to take, and when I walk over he puts one in my plate.

I walk to the dining room and plop down in a seat. I pick up my fork and lower it to the plate, then hesitate. Should I wait until everyone is at the table? That would be the polite choice.

Well, I don't want Grayson to think I'm a slob yet, so I guess I'll just wait. Kian comes in after a few seconds, with Grayson beside him. Dad follows behind them, and they all take their seats.

I dig my fork into the lasagna, cutting off a bite-sized piece. I take a bite, savoring the flavor of nice, hot lasagna.

Damn, this is pretty hot.

Okay, this is really hot!

I open my mouth, breathing in and out to try and cool it down. Dad looks up at me, giving me a weird look. Then he glances to Grayson, and when his gaze returns to me, he narrows his eyes.

I lift my hands up in a silent defeat, swallowing the lasagna.

"So," Dad starts. "How's your life been going, Grayson?"

Grayson swallows his food, then clears his throat. "It's been good. School is okay and all." He answers, looking at my dad.

"Hmm. Nice. Do you get good grades in school?" Dad asks, setting his fork down and resting his hands on the table.

I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion. Why is he interrogating him?

Grayson lets out a small, nervous breath. "Yeah. Mostly A's and some B's, but it's okay." I can tell he too is confused, by the look on his face.

Dad nods in approval. He takes a bite of his lasagna, chewing it slowly. He looks between Kian and Grayson with a calculating look, then swallows his food.

"So how long have you guys been dating?"

I choke on my food.

I hear Kian spit something, and Grayson starts coughing violently.

I bang on my chest and the food goes down my throat. I take a deep breath, then look at my dad in bewilderment.

"They're not dating," I try to deny, but dad gives me a sarcastic look.

"Really?" He deadpans.

"How did you know?" Kian asks in surprise.

"It was pretty obvious." Dad states, leaning back and crossing his arms.

"You rarely ever bring any girls home. That's when I started getting suspicious." He says, looking at Kian.

"As soon as you told me you were having a friend over for dinner, I knew. Why would you bring a guy over for dinner? That's ridiculous." He laughs.

"And you're okay with this?" Kian asks, pointing between him and Grayson, who looks like a deer caught in headlights.

"Well duh. You're my son, I'm not going to hate you for your sexuality. That's just stupid." He says, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

There seems to be a weight that lifts off Kian's shoulders, as he sighs and runs a hand done his face.

"First off, I'd like to clarify some things." Kian says. "I am Bisexual. Second, Grayson and I have been dating for about 3 weeks. Third, it was Olivia's idea to do this." He points at me, leaning back and smiling devilishly.

"Oh, way to throw me under the bus." I mutter, rolling my eyes. "I thought that way you could get to know Grayson before Kian told you they were dating."

"I admit, it was smart, but I'm not as stupid as you think I am." Dad smirks.

"Well we get that now," I laugh.

"Never underestimate me again," He winks, then continues eating his food, and we all do the same.

*****
WOOOOOOO
IT TOOK ME SO LONG
WHOOPS
YEAH LETS GO

1170 words🤰🏽