Chapter 12

I walk silently to History, with Hazel by my side. We reach the door and push it open, making a loud creaking noise, causing everyone to turn and stare at us.

"Ms. Allen, Ms. Pierce, thank you for finally joining us." Mr. Lee comments, crossing his arms. "Please take your seats."

I shuffle to my seat, people watching me as I go by.

"She's that girl that Sierra was talking about," I hear someone whisper.

"Attention whore," someone else says.

I take my seat at the back of the classroom, the farthest to the right. Hazel is all the way on the other side of the classroom.

Mr. Lee starts going off about some quiz we're going to have friday, and I let myself zone out.

It's funny how one small action can ruin someone's whole mood. For instance, this morning. I was feeling happy for once. Then Sierra came and ruined my mood.

I let out a sigh. My mind starts drifting off, my eyes drooping...

"Am I boring you, Ms. Allen?" I hear a booming voice say, and I'm snapped back to reality. Mr. Lee stands there, arms crossed, glaring at me. People start laughing and my cheeks turns red.

"Um, no." I say quietly.

"Then why were you dozing off in my class?" He asks sternly.

I huff. "No reason."

"Detention is that way, Ms. Allen. Please see yourself there." I sigh, grab my bag, and head out the door.

"Of course. One thing that ruins my happy mood ruins my day, too." God damn you Sierra.

"Do you talk to yourself often?" I hear someone say and I jump. Spinning around, I'm faced with Hayden, standing just a few feet behind me.

"Do you follow people often?" I question. "Because it seems like you do." I cross my arms defiantly.

Hayden lets out a chuckle, and I smile a little. I've never heard him laugh before, not genuinely.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Detention," I reply, rolling my eyes. "I fell asleep in Lee."

"Oh. Didn't get much sleep over the break, I assume?"

"Nah, I got plenty of sleep. It's just that school seems to make me ten times more tired than I already am," I explain.

"Oh," he says, nodding.

"So where are you going?" I ask him. I'm guessing he probably has detention too, maybe he was rude to a teacher or something.

"Me? I'm just going to the bathroom. But I guess I could go to detention with you, s'not like I care." He shrugs.

"Uh, okay...?" I didn't ask him to come with me....? But maybe he can keep me company.

I start walking towards the detention room at the other side of the hall. I get there, then reach down to open the door, grabbing the handle. It doesn't open. Maybe no one's there?

"Locked. Not really sad though. Just means I get to go home!" I turn and walk to the exit, a sudden bounce in my step.

*****

I turn onto my street and my eyes land upon an unfamiliar car in my driveway. Today is monday, one of the days my mom has off...

No, she wouldn't do that to dad. A relative is probably just stopping by to show of their new car. But it's not exactly very new...

I walk reluctantly to the front door, my stomach churning with anxiety.

I push it open slowly, trying to keep it silent.
I tiptoe through the threshold, dropping my bag softly on the floor.

My heart races as I slowly creep up the stairs, towards my mom's room. I reach it, take a deep breath, and push it open.

My stomach hurls. My heart drops. I feel as if I'm about to throw up.

"What the hell is this?"

oooiiii hello there😉 this is an extremely short chapter and it took me a while to get up sorry, but do you like my cliffhanger?😉😏😏😉

659 words✊🏼