Chapter 11

Last week was winter break. It was slow and boring. Nothing interesting happened. I sat around and binge-watched a bunch of different TV shows, and finished watching every one of David Dobrik's vlogs. I also ate enough food to feed a small town. I didn't let anyone in my room and only came out to restock my food or for bathroom breaks. I haven't spoken one word to anyone for the past week.

Sure, Kian has attempted to start a conversation, but I have short answers in hopes he would get the memo and leave.

Sadly, today is the first day back at school. Back to hell. Yippee. Maybe I've sunk below everyone's radar again and I won't be the topic of all gossip, but that's just what I'm praying for.

I slip on a baggy hoodie and some leggings. I tie my hair up in a messy bun and head down the stairs. Kian is already down there, finishing up his breakfast. He gives me a slight nod, but doesn't say anything, just finishes his cereal and goes upstairs. I sigh and head towards the pantry to grab a pop tart. I set it on the counter to grab on my way out. I go upstairs again to grab my bag and some shoes to wear.

Kian comes out of his room, his bag hung over his shoulder.

"Hey, Hayden should be around in a few to pick us up," he says, and I grab my stuff and slip on some shoes, then meet him by the top of the stairs.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod and we down and through the front door, where Hayden's car pulls up in our driveway. Kian waves enthusiastically, his mood instantly lightening. I chuckle at him, he can always find the littlest ways to make me happier. He gets in the passenger seat and I walk past him to the back.

"How's my buddy doing?" Kian says, patting Hayden on the back. Hayden's back tenses up on impact, then he shakes his head.

"Fine." He replies. He pulls out of the driveway, and we're off to school.

*****

Kian, Hayden and I all make our way towards the cafeteria. Hayden and I are dragging our feet, while Kian is bouncing with each step.

"How are you so happy all the time?" Hayden complained. "It's aggravating."

"I'm not happy all the time,'' Kian denies. "It's just my personality." I roll my eyes.

We reach the cafeteria and walk towards Hazel, Ethan and Jayce.

"Livie!" Jayce shouts, running towards me and enveloping me in a bear hug. I pat him awkwardly on the back. I was never really a hugger.

"How have you been?" Ethan asks.

"Yeah, we didn't hear from you the whole break!" Hazel adds.

"She locked herself in her room all break and didn't socialize with anyone. Not even me!" Kian accused.

I shrug innocently. "I was watching stuff."

All of their eyes immediately widen.

"You watch-?" Ethan starts, but I cut him off.

"No, no!" I laughed, which I hadn't done in a while.

"Well then what were you watching?" Jayce asks, looking suspicious.

"I was watching Teen Wolf and YouTube," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Oh," Kian says. "That makes sense."

Everyone lets out a laugh, and the bell rings.

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys at lunch." I say as we go our separate ways. Jayce and Ethan go right, while Hazel, Kian and I go left.

Since Kian is my brother we're locker neighbors, and I've been lucky enough to have Hazel on the other side.

I know, for some people that's a dream come true. Having your brother one one side of you and a good friend on the other.

Yeah, it's great, except when Kian decides it's a great idea to shut my locker all the damn time.

Once, he shut it on my finger and broke it. He had to pay for the damage though.

We get to our lockers and I let out a sigh when I see Sierra and her clique standing in front of my locker.

"Sierra," I growl. "Move."

"No, I don't think I want to." She says, plastering on a fake smile.

I notice Amelia standing in front of Kian's locker.

"Hey Kian," she purrs. I roll my eyes. Desperate much?

"Fuck off, Amelia. I know what you did to my sister." He spits. Amelia's smile fades, and she flinches backwards. Wimp.

"Alright Sierra. You can just get out of here, before I make you uglier than you already are." I say, and Sierra narrows her eyes.

"What makes you think you have the right to talk to me like that?" She hisses, taking a step closer to me.

Finally, Kian steps in.

"Sierra, stop," he places his hand on her shoulder, restraining her. "You mess with my sister you mess with me."

Sierra finally gives up and glares at me.

"Fine. But this isn't over." She replies, and turns away, flipping her hair over her shoulder, Amelia and Auburn following her.

The bell rings, making all of us late. I heave a sigh.

"Is this how it's gonna be for the rest of the year?" I whisper to myself. "Cause I don't think I can handle that."

heyeheheheheh i thought that chapter was pretty happy until the end cuz of that sierra😉 much love sierra much love

911 words💪🏼