Chapter 21

oh. my. lord.

10K READS!!

This is honestly so insane and its made me so excited!! I came on wattpad bc I was craving Death (DIMBFF)... BUT I FIND OUT WE'VE GOT 10K READS AND WE'RE #428 IN TEEN FICTION!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, ITS SO AMAZING!! THANKS EVERYONE FOR READING AND VOTING AND COMMENTING, IT HONESTLY MAKES MY DAY!!

I'm going to try and make the chapter longer... just for LachowskiObrien22

I wake to the sound of crashing waves. I yawn and roll over, opening my eyes slowly. The sun shines in through the glass doors that lead through the balcony, illuminating a small portion of my large room. I push the blankets off of me, stretching. I walk to the balcony doors, opening them, and warm air welcomes me.

Maybe we should go swimming? I'd be up for a morning swim. I walk out of the balcony and back into the room, opening the dresser and taking out a pair of white shorts and throwing a blue t-shirt over it.

I take my phone off the charger, checking the time.

10:49 a.m.

Everyone's probably awake by now. I'm usually the only one who sleeps in late... everyone else wakes up at the butt-crack of dawn. Mornings, ew.

I walk out of the room and sure enough, I hear the sound of the TV and the smell of something delicious coming from the kitchen.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Kian says, winking. "Took you long enough the wake up."

"Oh, shut up," I grumble, taking a seat next to Faith on the couch. I turn my head back towards the kitchen, where dad stands in front of the stove, working away.

"Whatcha making, Dad?" I call out. He turns around for a split second, smiling, then goes back to working on the stove.

"Chocolate chip pancakes." He replies, flipping something on the stove. My gaze shifts to the giant heap of pancakes that sit on a plate next to him.

I squeal, bouncing in my seat. "When are they going to be done?" I ask.

"I'm just making the last one now..." He flops a pancake onto the others, then turns off the stove and grabs a plate. "Get 'em while they're hot!" He shouts, piling pancakes onto his plate.

I bolt out of my spot, desperate to get some of the delicious pancakes before they're all gone. I grab a plate and hurriedly flop three pancakes onto it, then grab a fork from one of the countertops. I walk over to the dining room where dad sits, whose already started eating.

The dining room gives you a great view of the ocean. Giant blue waves crash onto the shore, and seagulls roam the beaches, searching for something they can eat. There's not a single cloud in the sky.

I take a seat next to dad, and soon enough Kian and Faith come to join us. I notice Kian has at least five pancakes, while Faith only has two.

"How are you going to be able to eat all that?" I ask Kian, dumbfounded. I can't even eat five pizza slices, let alone five giant pancakes.

"I have my ways," He replies, giving me a wink. He sits down, and as soon as he does, he starts shoveling food into his mouth faster than I thought possible.

"Jeez Kian, calm yourself! You're going to die if you keep eating like that!" I yell, reaching towards him. He stops for a second, then shifts away from me, and continues inhaling his pancakes.