Chapter 29

IM OBSESSED WITH BTS #SORRYNOTSORRY

EXTRA LONG CHAPTER BC I'VE BEEN GONE FOR ALMOST FOUR MONTHS

I WROTE THIS REALLY LATE AT NIGHT SO IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES I APOLOGIZE

*****

It's been a month since the accident. Faith had been unconscious for almost three weeks, and only got out of the hospital last week.

Mom has been spending a lot of time with us. She's been really kind and understanding, considering what we did to her.

Kian and I haven't been to school in a couple days because we needed to stay home and take care of Faith. Mom comes over after her work is over, and stays until nine.

It really makes me guilty. The fact that after we treated her like shit and threw her out of the house, she is still willing to come and help take care of us and make sure we're staying alive and healthy. I know she cheated on my dad, and yes that is a terrible thing to do, but I think she still deserves a second chance. Dad would want us to give her a second chance, so we do.

I walk into the living room, where I find Olivia and Kian laying on the couch. Faith is bundled up under two fuzzy blankets, and Kian is next to her with one thin blanket. I glance up to the TV to see what they're watching.

The beginning of the movie Coraline lights up the room. The Beldam is sewing together the doll that looks like Coraline. I walk to them and sit next to Kian, grabbing a blanket that is placed above him.

"This movie messed up my childhood." I comment, snuggling into the blanket.

"I thought this movie was awesome." Kian says, giving me a grin.

I scoff. "Well that's because you were a nine year old boy who didn't understand how creepy this movie actually was."

"Shut up you two. I still haven't seen this movie yet." Faith says, giving us an irritated look. She pulls the blanket higher up her chest. My heart aches at the look of the faint scratches and bruises that cover her arms.

Suddenly, there's a knock at the door, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"I'll get it," I say, sighing and getting up. I walk to the front door and swing it open to reveal my mom. She holds a small box in her hands, with four holes punched onto the lid.

"Could you hold this for me while I put my coat away?" Mom asks, holding the box out to me. "Be careful, it's fragile."

I take the box carefully in my hands and try to get a peek inside.

"Hey! No peeking!" Mom yells, grabbing the box from me. She glares, then turns and walks into the living room.

"Hey, honey." She says sweetly to Faith. "How are you feeling?"

"Good," Faith replies, smiling. "Is that for me?" She points at the box.

"Yep. Be careful with it," mom says, and hands he box over to Faith. She sits up straighter and sets the box in her lap. She takes off the lid and gasps.

"A puppy!" She squeals, reaching in the box and pulling out a small yorkie.

I walk over to her, looking down at the dog. It cuddles against her, and licks her hand.

"Awh," Faith says, petting its head.

"What are you going to name it?" Kian asks from behind me. He peeks over my shoulder, looking at the puppy.