Chapter 2

"Hey girl, what's cookin?" Amelia winks at me.

Amelia is a strange girl. I guess you could say she has a dirty mind, and she always makes funny comments.

She takes in my outfit and she squeals. "Oh my gosh! I love that!" I laugh quietly.

"I actually randomly grabbed an outfit and it just happened to be this," I gesture down and she gasps.

"You really just randomly made that outfit?"

"Yep," I state proudly. I'm actually surprised I've never even wore this outfit before. It's cute.

"You should wear that more often. Now get in," she honks for Kian and we have to wait for that freaking sloth for 5 minutes.

"Ah, typical Kian. Late, as usual." Amelia says and gives him a death glare. He shrugs innocently, when he is anything but. Kian always makes us leave 10 minutes later than we are supposed to, and lately it's been getting on my nerves, and Amelia's.

"Kian, if you don't stop being late, we're going to throw you out on the curb and not drive you anymore." He crosses his arms and pouts like a little kid, that big baby.

"It's not my fault Olivia took 500 hours in the shower," he grumbles.

I turn back to glare at him. Kian smiles sweetly at me, batting his eyelashes. I roll my eyes turn back to face the road.

I take the time to observe what Amelia is wearing. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a side braid, something I could never pull off.

She's wearing a short black floral skirt and a white t-shirt, which is tucked in to the waistband of her skirt. She has on her white converse, her favorite shoes to wear.

I'd have to say that converse are my favorite shoes also. They're comfy and they're stylish, and they go good with nice outfits.

"We look pretty good today, if I do say so myself." Amelia looks at me through the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah, well I always look good," Kian says. Ah, Kian, him and his big ego.

Kian is very popular with the ladies, he has girls throwing themselves at him, but he refused them all. I'm not sure why though, maybe he's just looking for the right one.

I honestly thought he liked Amelia. But every time I ask him, he denies it faster than you could even have time to blink. Now, most people would think that would mean he does like her, but I know Kian well enough to know that no means no. He would tell me if he liked her. That's just how we are.

But I know Amelia feels otherwise. She thinks Kian is hot, and was definitely not afraid to admit that to me. Literally, one day while I was eating lunch, she texted me and said:

"I think Kian is hot."

Her very words. They came from her mouth, not mine. Then she asked me if he liked her. I didn't tell her of course, I don't want to crush her dreams so I just told her that he wouldn't tell me who he liked. And surprisingly, she bought it.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Kian flicks me in the back of the head.

"First off, Ow! And second, none of your business." He pouts and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Oh, stop it you two. Olivia never thinks about anything interesting. She was probably thinking about some math test she took four years ago," Amelia teases. Wow, thanks for sticking up for me, Amelia.

"Hey! I am not boring!" I shout, looking between her and Kian. They seem to be having a silent conversation with their eyes through the rearview mirror.

"Okay, once you guys are finished eye flirting I would like to punch you both in the face." I say and sigh.

"We were not eye flirting!" Amelia says, her face flushing red.

"You totally were!" I point at her. I don't think its possible for her face to get more red.

"Oliva shut up!" Kian shouts at me, cheeks turning pink.

I try to hold back my laughter but I can't. "Look at you, blushing! This is crazy!" I finally get out, breathing heavily from all the laughing.

"You better believe it girl. Okay now shut up again I don't want to hear your voice." He turns his head to look out the window, so I look back at Amelia. Her face is still as red as a tomato!

"What are you thinking about, Amelia?" I say, nudging her with my elbow and wiggling my eyebrows.

"Ew, you're so nasty," she huffs, and I laugh at her.

She pulls into the school's parking lot and got a spot sort of by the front.

"Hey, Kian! We actually got a spot close to the front!" I turn back to him and he rolls his eyes. You see, since Kian always makes us late, we usually don't get spots close to the front of the school. But on rare occasions, we got a spot like this.

"Get out of the car loser!" Amelia yells at me.

Oops.

"I'm sorry! Don't lock me in the car!" I open the door quickly and step out.

"It's okay Olivia. I'm not as mean as I used to be." She winks at me.

One cruel, cruel day, Amelia locked me in the car.

Yeah, that's right. She locked me in her car.

SHE LOCKED ME IN HER CAR FOR FREAKING 3 HOURS.

Well at least she kept the air conditioning on. She was nice enough to do that. So, later that day, I had to explain the the principal and my parents why I was absent for half of my classes.

"Oh my god, Olivia! You're almost as slow as your brother!" Amelia stands in front of me, her shoulders slouching forward.

"Shut up. I could never be as slow as him." I walk past her and opened the doors to the school.

"I hate my first hour," Amelia whines as she catches up with me.

"Well mine sucks too. Now get over it, you baby." I roll my eyes at her. She should join a drama class.

"I can't! I don't think I'll be able to stand one day in that horrid class!"

"Did you just say horrid?" I say, making a weird face.

"I did. You got a problem about that?" She puts her hands on her hips and glares at me.

"You really are something, Amelia."

1122 words🙌🏽