Chapter 20

"Rise and shine, Liv! We're off to Vegas!" I hear Kian yell, bursting through my bedroom door.

"We're not going to Vegas, Kian. We're going to Florida." I groan, rolling over.

"Same difference, now get up so we can leave. I wanna get out of this boring place." He says, then turns around and walks out the door.

Sighing, I get up from my comfy position in my bed.

"Goodbye, bed. I'll miss you," I whisper, patting it slightly. Then I turn around and walk to my closet. I take out the white t-shirt and jean shorts I took out the night before and slip them on.

Oh, I can't wait until we get there. I'm going to the beach, going to buy some clothes, it's going to be great.

I rush down the stairs and to the kitchen, where I find dad, Faith, and Kian waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" Kian huffs. "It took you like five minutes to get ready!"

"Excuse you, but five minutes to get ready is a good time," I scoff. "I could have easily taken longer."

"Alright you two, shut up and grab a pop tart. We're hitting the road."

*****

"Uh, dad?" I ask, struggling with my suitcase. "A little help?"

He turns around swiftly, grabbing my suitcase and putting it above the seats.

"Thanks," I smile, taking my seat next to Kian. Faith sits down next to me.

"Hey," I whisper, nudging her with my arm. She turns to me. "You ready?"

"Yeah!" She replies back excitedly, her face breaking into a grin. "This is my first time to Florida, and my first time on a plane!"

"Yo Faith," Kian says, poking his head out next to mine. "Scared at all?"

Faith shakes her head proudly. "Not at all. I'm prepared to get this on with. I just wanna be in Florida already."

Kian laughs, moving back to his original position. Suddenly, I hear him gasp.

"Holy shi- I mean holy cow! There are TV's in the chairs!" He reaches out to touch it.

"Did you really just notice? 'Cause I noticed as soon as we walked in."

"Hey, don't be a bit- butthole. I wasn't paying attention." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"I was only kidding, Kian. Don't get your panties in a twist." I reach over to touch his shoulder.

"Get off me, you cow!" He hisses, pushing my hand off his shoulder and slouching in his chair. "When is this plane gonna take off?" He mumbles.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seatbelts, as we are about to leave to Miami, Florida in about one minute. Please make sure all electronics are turned off, all bags are pushed under the chair in front of you, and all chairs are not reclined." A woman's voice says. I peek my head up to see her at the front of the plane, holding a microphone.

"Finally, let's get on with this, shall we?"

*****