Chapter 5: Headaches or Signs

Start from the beginning

"Don't say a word." I hissed before Violet can say anything. She closes her mouth and frown over the condition of my room. "I know that I'm dating with my work and cheating it with my books." I continue walking inside the room, on a small trail I made in the middle of the room; passing the shelves of books, pile of documents and files over the floor and papers and books towering at every corner of the room. When I reach to the bed, I turn around to face Violet with a furrow.

"You can leave now." I squint. Despite the signal, Violet stands still with her eyes fixed on me. Shaking my head, I shift my eyes and start removing my outer clothes. I leave the blazer and the shirt on the floor, leaving my camisole on.

"Are you breast getting bigger?" Violet suddenly spoke after a few minutes of silence which startle me since I'm used to silence from living alone for 3 years now. I turn to look at her and frown over her smirk. She scans down from my eyes to my chest and turn to take glance down on her chest. Comparing both of our chest, then she faces me.

"Clearly, bigger than yours." I point out which make her pouts. I pull down my pants and slowly climb up the bed. I tuck myself under the blanket before reaching my Home Navigation controller and press a button which controls the wooden slides that covers the window behind my beside my bed. After a minute, the room darkened, dim by the glow from the alarm clock. Violet's figure hidden by the darkness until she surprises me when her face glows from her micro's light screen.

"Violet, get out. You're giving me headache. Go outside with that glowing screen of yours or I swear I'll call McCoy or Fitz to pick you up this instance." I warn as I slide in deeper into my blanket and my head touch the softness of the pillow. I close my eyes, without waiting for Violet to leave, I begin to swim into the darkness and I fall into a deep, deep sleep.

I wake up only when Violet shakes my shoulder so hard, I feel annoyed. Despite my effort to ignore her, she continues shaking and to a point she hit me on the chest. I jump up and push her off the bed. "What?!" I scream. Rubbing my chest.

"McCoy keeps calling you. He said it's an emergency." Violet hands over my micro. I grab the micro harshly that it make Violet taken aback and brings it to my ear.

"Yes? What is it?" I ask hastily.

"There's a District emergency. They're closing the Gate." McCoy's voice fuzzy through the micro like signal trouble. But I can tell, judging by his voice, he sounds anxious and troubling.

"Calm down," I say as I try to sit up on the bed. Violet climbs up on the bed and gives herself a space beside me.

"There's a riot happening at Missrosie town and it seems that it got out of hands and Elpidios has ordered to close the Gate. The Diandre Gate." McCoy shouts.

"When?" The news brought me to my feet immediately. I push a button to open the wooden slide, let the lights in before pushing Violet off the bed and push her to get ready.

"In two hours." he replies. "It's bad Daem, really bad." McCoy whimpers. He doesn't call me Daem unless he's in deep trouble which don't come so often. It's so rare, the last time he called me that was when I was 10. And that was the first time he called me that. I glance over the alarm clock and surprise by the time shown on it. I instantly jump out of the bed, my body waiver my strength and I fall on my knees. Violet reaches out her arms to help me get up. I push away her help again and get onto my feet myself. I hissed at her for not waking me up as I rush to the bathroom.

"Listen, I can't authorise a shut down for ANY Warehouse. That's not my call. But I will get down there for in any case there's a turn out. That's all I can do." I try to calm him down. "Are you listening to me?" I call.

"Yes." McCoy give a soft reply.

"I need you to order the workers to prepare for closing the Warehouse's gates. I hope it can last any attack from the riot. I will call the OM, to send out help to prevent any damage to the Warehouse. The Warehouse is our number one priority." I order him as I lift up my hair and made it into a pony tail. Violet stands at the bathroom door, hugging herself.

"Okay, I'll let the workers know." he replies before hangs up.

I hang up the call and place the micro on the shelf above the sink and wash my face. When I leave the bathroom, I hissed at Violet for not getting ready when I ask her before. Violet gets herself out from my room leaving me, searching and putting on a plain white t-shirt and leather jeans. As soon as I finish dress up, I quickly rush out the room and grab my bag and boots before scramming out my flat followed by Violet.

____________________________________________________

I hope you guys still anticipate the story. I hope so.

Leave a comment below, let me know what you guys think. And gives a vote if you like the story.

If you want, put this in your reading list. 

Happy reading guys.