Chapter 24

Siya's POV

There was a knock on the door.

My head shot up from the work I was doing and my heart started beating quicker. This was it. This was the moment.

I walked towards the door, pulling it open quickly in excitement.

But the person behind the door wasn't the person I expected to see.

"Samira? Hey, come in!" I exclaimed, somewhat in excitement.

It had been quite a while since I had seen my best friend, ever since my wedding she kept bailing on me. Every time I tried to talk to her, she would make an excuse and run away for some unknown reason. But today she was here, in front of me by her own will.

Samira pushed right past me into my living room, seating herself on the couch.

"Sam, what's wrong? Is everything o-"

"Just sit down please Siya, there is something I need to tell you" she commented, making nervousness take over me as I took slow steps towards her. Once I was sat down, Samira's watery eyes met mine, worrying me even more.

"I'm pregnant" she announced sadly, causing my eyes to pop out of their sockets.

"WHAT?! WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?" I yelled back.

What the fuck? I was most certainly not expecting this. Especially not with my own news. Whose baby was it? More importantly, why the hell was she upset about it?

"Ever since you're wedding I've been feeling...lonely. I just started feeling that you belonged to Jai and I had lost whatever I had with you. The day you left for your honeymoon I spent my day curled up in the hotel room balling my eyes out. That was until Roy came into my room and spent the entire day with me, calming me down and taking care of me. Later that night I slept with him thinking of it as a one night thing, but soon after that it became a more common thing. I made Roy promise that it would only be sex and he agreed, so I started sleeping around with him, and somewhere along those lines I must have forgotten about protection. I was so into what we had that I forgot the risks that came with it" she cried, burying herself into my shoulder.

My hands curled up around her, but I remained silent for the next few minutes.

I didn't know what to say.

Roy.

Out of everyone on this planet, she went for Roy; my husband's best friend and the biggest player on the universe. Maybe Roy wasn't all that bad though, right? I mean, Jai turned out to be different to the player I thought he was initially.

After a few minutes, Samira calmed down, and I pulled her away from my shoulder to face me.

"Why are you crying?" were my initial words to her. At this, she let out a small chuckle as she wiped her eyes

"I don't know Siya. I don't know if I want a baby right now, much less with Roy."She replied, grabbing a tissue from the box on the table next to us.

"That's what they all say at the beginning Sam, but at the end of the day, when your eyes fall on the baby inside your stomach on an actual screen, you will regret your words instantly. Besides, who knows, maybe Roy will accept this baby, and even if he doesn't, you have me with you, every step of the way" I finished, watching her eyes light up slightly.

"You seem like you're ready to have a baby" she teased after a minute, causing the smile to disappear from my face.

"That's because I am Sam" I replied, picking up the small gift box I had left on the table for Jai to look at before passing it on to Samira.