Chapter 1

Siya's POV

Are you Indian?

If so, comment below to let me know.

If not, welcome to the life of an Indian.

Not just any Indian, an Indian who was expected to live a caged life with no experiences whatsoever and eventually get married to some random dude and have sex with him forcefully on my arranged marriage wedding night and then give him kids every other year. This is the point where you think: Oh come on, welcome to the 21st generation, things aren't like this anymore!

Well to you, yeah you, I say, yes they are. In my world they are.

I live in a house with my parents, Kabir and Radha Kapoor, and my two large brothers, Vikram and Ajay Kapoor. In other words, I live in a family with four large business tycoons running a multinational business in London that I was most definitely never going to be a part of.

With that being said, I think it was pretty clear that I was brought up in a house where going out, partying, and all these things were very much out of my boundaries. However, it is another thing that I was never one to follow the rules. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't a spoilt brat or anything, but every now and then, a little fun didn't hurt.

So now that everything has been said, let's move on to what I was currently doing with my life, which was three things:

I was holding a curling iron to my hair, I was dialing my best friend's number on speakerphone and I was dumping clothes into a spare bag. Let me explain: I had a date with some guy my friend had set me up with, but obviously my parents were never to find out because if they did, then I would be buried six feet into the ground. Oh wait, I forgot, I'm Indian, therefore I would be cremated and my ashes would be drowned into the Ganges.

I was curling my hair for my date (clearly), and I was calling my best friend to make sure she didn't bail on me and got here on time to get me out of this house with the excuse that I was simply going to have dinner with her.

Best friends, they really are something. What would I do without my best friend and what would my best friend do without me?

I realised that my hair was soon done and dropped down my iron, unplugging it from the socket before continuing to curse at my phone for my best friend to answer her phone whilst dumping my sexy outfit for the date into the bag.

Finally, after a billion years of calling, I heard my friend's voice through my phone.

"Samira, where the hell have you been? I've been calling you for the last fucking-"

"Siya relax, I'm outside your house. Should I come in?" she questioned as I zipped my bag shut and smoothed out the outfit I was currently wearing: a simple pair of jeans and a jumper.

"Yeah, come inside, I'll be down in a minute" I finished, hanging up before walking towards my window with my bag in hand. I glanced outside, making sure it was clear before throwing the bag of clothes out my window, right next to Samira's car.

With a satisfied smirk to myself, I made my way outside, ready to face the rest of my family. When I arrived, Samira was already talking to my parents as my brothers stood behind them, looking between each other, it wasn't a secret that Sam was shit scared of my intimidating family, but truth be told, so was I.

My oldest brother, Vikram, caught sight of me and advanced towards me with a questioning look.

"What's all of this about?" he asked, his arms crossed on his chest, his expression trying to read through mine.