Chapter 11

Siya's POV

Asswipe. Jackass. Dipshit.

Who did he think he was, crashing my date like that and threatening Romil?

Why was he even so persistent? What was wrong with him?

After my incomplete date with Romil, I had continued texting him, unfortunately couldn't meet him throughout the rest of our trip.

If it weren't for that moron I would have most probably scored first base with him. Now I was just stuck with texts through which he continuously made me laugh, complemented me and talked about wanting to meet me again.

It wasn't a secret that I wanted to meet him again and again, but who knew what would become of my life now that we were on our flight back to England.

Thankfully, on the flight back I was seated next to my parents, even if Jai was only a few seats behind me, I preferred not seeing his face.

Ever since the incident he stopped talking to me, and he stopped trying to convince me to talk to him which came as a big surprise.

What I still couldn't wrap my head around is what he wanted from me.

He was so persistent at trying to get me to be his friend one minute, and the next he simply disappears from my life.

Don't get me wrong, my life was much better without him, but why chase me in the first place?

Jai Malhotra: the definition of a man who would forever remain unreadable and unpredictable.

*****

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Gatwick Airport. Local time is 11:15 and the temperature is 12°C. On behalf of British Airways and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on abroad again the near future. Have a nice stay!" The voice of the airhostess erupted, waking me up from my peaceful state of sleep.

It wasn't long before my family and I were carrying our luggage out of the compartments right out the aircraft towards the baggage claim, where do doubt, my eyes fell upon the familiar figure of Jai Malhotra himself.

But just like any other time of our journey, the man's eyes never met mine, as he avoided them at all costs, sticking to his family and rigidly collecting his luggage before storming out of the airport.

Soon enough, my family followed, getting into the car that would drive us back to our house.

The entire journey was filled with silence, no one uttering a word as we drove back, and when we did arrive back, no one uttered a word as we all made our way into our rooms to call it a night.

******

The next morning it felt like nothing ever happened. It didn't feel like we had just come back from a long family holiday and life went back to normal. As soon as my feet hit the kitchen floors, the cook and maid were already present, doing their chores as my mother conversed on the phone with other business tycoons about their work and my brothers and father where nowhere to be seen.

Well, back to real life. I thought to myself, jogging back up to my room to get ready for the academy.

It was at time likes these I felt I had made the best decision in choosing to study criminal justice. I mean, shooting targets was the perfect way to release all that frustration from the holiday. Well, that and the pressure of my parents to get married of course.

Packing my stuff, I made my way out my house right into my car, which I sped down the roads to reach the academy, eager to get my mind off my real life.