Chapter 3

Siya's POV

Jai Malhotra.

That was the man standing right in front of my eyes, shaking hands with my brother's with an innocent smile on his face. He wore his usual posh attire with his fitted suit that accentuated every darned muscle in his body, and his fancy shoes along with his hot ass smile.

Fucking jerk! I hate you!

I realised by now that my mouth had dropped open by the sight of him and as much as I wished to stride up to him to punch him in the face, I restrained myself and simply shut my mouth, waiting desperately for this day to be over. There was no way in hell that I was marrying that man.

Cheater. Fraud. Jerk. Asshole.

I kept on chanting in my head as I introduced myself politely to his parents.

It wasn't long before, Jai's mother, Rani, had held my hand and turned me around to introduce me to her son.

"Siya, I want you to meet my son, Jai." She introduced, making me face the devil himself. Jai had a minor smirk plastered on his face as my eyes bored right through his with a minor glare. Neverthelesss, reminding myself that I couldn't bust myself out to my parents, I smiled at him and put my hand into his, which he held out for a polite handshake.

"Nice to meet you Jai" I said, with a bit more venom laced in his name.

"Likewise, Siya" he commented, shaking my hand with a smirk plastered to his face.

All of a sudden, Jai and his mother had been pulled out of sight and instead, two girls stood right in front of me. One was a young girl that had the same brown eyes and long brown hair flowing down her back, and the other was a much older version of her. It didn't take me long to realise that I was facing Jai's sisters.

"Hi Siya, my name is Dia, I'm Jai's older sister, it's nice to meet you" she introduced, shaking my hand. I politely smiled at her, but before I could even answer, I was abruptly pulled into a hug by the other young woman.

"Hi, my name is Zara, I'm Jai's younger sister" she said after we parted, looking up at me with pure excitement.

"It's nice to meet you both" I replied, smiling politely as we then all took a seat in the large living room.

The room had suddenly turned silent for a few minutes until my mother decided to speak up.

"So, Dia, your mother tells me you're married? Where is your husband?" she began, just in time for the maids to walk in with the tea and samosas that I had supposedly made.

"Oh he's at work right now. I tried to get him to come today, but you know how men are with their work" she replied, thanking one of the maids as she served her the samosa.

The room turned silent once again, awkward tension hanging in the air as everyone picked up their plate and began eating slowly. As expected, a few minutes later, Jai's mother let out a satisfactory noise and looked up at me.

"These samosas are amazing. Your mother tells me you made these Siya?" she asked, even though she already knew the answer to that question. Nevertheless I smiled and nodded, knowing better than to talk. From the other corner of the room, I could see Jai smirk to himself as he ate the samosas. Jerk knows I didn't make these samosas. "So Siya, I understand you studied Criminal justice, and you're currently training at the police academy?" She asked after a while, causing my heart rate to pick up.

Let me explain: If you're Indian, you're expected to either be a housewife, a businesswoman, a lawyer, or a doctor. There are no more jobs available in the industry. Police, most definitely not a job considered for Indian girls according to them.