Chapter 15

Siya's POV

Ok, stop worrying Siya, you can do this. No biggie. Just walk in there and ask to see Jai Malhotra. Then, simply talk to him and thank him and apologise for being wrong and a complete ass-

Ok stop Siya! Positivity.

I can do this.

Deep breaths.

Inhale, exhale.

"Oh for fuck's sake! This shouldn't be that hard!" I exclaimed all to myself as I sat in my car, looking at the petite mirror ahead of me. I had to do this, one way or another, I had to walk into the building, request to see him, and talk to him. I knew now that he was avoiding me on purpose, and unless I put in my own initiative, he wasn't going to see me again.

With that in mind and a new determination, I took one final breath before pushing the door of my car open and stepping out of my vehicle. The air seemed tense as I did so, and the wind facilitated the way in which I shut the door of my car before advancing towards the building in front of my eyes.

People were swimming in and out of the building in pencil skirts, loose blouses with buttons undone and posh suits. Compared to them, I felt rather underdressed with my black jeans, white blouse and black leather jacket. Let's not forget that I was casually walking around with a gun strapped to my hip along with a bright and shiny police badge.

It was as if the Queen of England had suddenly walked into the building as every pair of eyes had suddenly fallen on me. Well, more precisely my gun and badge.

Still, ignoring them, I strode my way to the front desk, trying my best to conceal the fear that was actually radiating off of me.

The lady behind the desk continued with her work, her eyes not meeting mine until I let out a forced cough.

"How can I help you?" she uttered after giving me a judgmental glance up and down.

"I'm here to see Jai Malhotra" I commented.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asked, her eyes returning towards the computer screen ahead of her.

"I don't, but I need to see him urgently" I replied, knowing what was coming next.

"Look ma'am, without an appointment-"

"Look lady, I don't think you understand" I interrupted, capturing her attention once again. Slowly, I pulled out my badge and flashed it in front of her eyes "I need to see Jai Malhotra, right now" upon this, her eyes widened as she nodded hurriedly, turning behind before signalling her co-worker to take me to his office.

The co-worker, who had also managed to get a glance at my badge, ran towards me, rushing me towards the elevator which rose till the 23rd floor before it stopped. Walking out, she turned several passages before the silver plate of Jai Malhotra appeared on one of the large doors in the building.

"I'll take it from here, thank you" I told the young woman, who nodded, her eyes not meeting mine as she ran off.

My heart rate accelerated as I stepped up towards the door, my hands hesitating to knock before I did. As soon as the sound of my knock had been delivered to the other side of the room, I heard a voice, well, more precisely, his voice, shout for me to come in.

Taking one last deep breath, I gripped the door handle tightly before pushing the door open and slipping inside. The first thing my eyes came into contact with was the landscape. The large view of the streets and clouds of London. The next thing that came to view, was the large desk, filled with computers and papers, behind which Jai Malhotra, the man whose eyes were wide as they watched me walk up to his desk.