Chapter 16

Jai's POV

Let me ask you a question.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how obvious were my feelings for Siya?

Let me answer that question for you: 20

But somehow, those feelings were only clear to everyone in the world except for Siya.

Friends? Really? After everything we've been through she wants to be my friend?

I know I came across as a jerk from first glance, but I think I also made up for everything I did and said to her. And whilst the rest of the world was content receiving their second chance, I wasn't. I was stuck in the friend zone by the woman I was very clearly, madly in love with, and did everything in my power to prove myself to.

What else was I supposed to do?

But hey, that isn't even what pisses me off the most. It's the fact that Siya was lying behind a cloud of lies, avoiding every feeling I knew she felt for me and attempting to get rid of those feelings by scraping me off to the friend zone. What was the point of that? Why couldn't she just accept what she has for me?

Why else would she show up to my office after weeks of me ignoring her to apologize or thank me? Why would she have expected more from me if she didn't care about me?

No matter what the reason was, there was one thing I knew for sure, and that was that there was absolutely no way I was going to allow myself to be her 'friend' That one person who gives her a shoulder to cry on, and is the best friend that ends up never scoring the girl for being too nice. She was either completely mine or...or mine. There was no way I was letting her slip either.

The only question that remained was....how? How the hell was I supposed to bring her to her damn senses?!

Frustrated, I threw my pillow off the bed, getting myself into a sitting position and running a tense hand through my hair.

My face had buried itself into the nest of my hands, but I was jerked back into reality at the sound of a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said, watching as the door opened and my older sister, Dia, slipped inside. "Hey Di" I greeted, patting the space on my bed for her to sit.

"Alright, spill, what's happening Jai?" She questioned once was seated, watching me with worry.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Jai, you work literally all day these days. You don't ever go out with Roy anymore, no more girls, no more going to see girls, what's going on? Mum is so worried about you, and so am I" she mentioned, watching me roll my eyes at her statement. For the first few minutes after her question, I shut up, not knowing how to answer her.

"It's just...I don't know..-"

"Siya?" she mentioned, catching my attention in a matter of seconds.

"How did you-"

"It's not rocket science Jai. You go to check out Siya, you reject her, yet you look at her like I look at my husband, you most probably saved her from Romil Desai, and now you're ignoring her" she responded, surprising me. Instead of answering however, I nodded my brain at a complete loss of words. "So, how did it happen?" she asked. Taking a deep breath, I continued.

"I went out on a date with her whilst I was still with Dania. She found out, she hated me. I didn't, I liked her. I chased her, I fell in love with her, and now she keeps wanting to friend zone me despite having feelings for me" I summarised, my eyes never meeting Dia's.