Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~35~ Believe

Start from the beginning

“No?” he answered. “The ‘rents were never home and considering that Angel wasn’t there anymore, they just sold the house—er, are trying to sell the house.”

“Trying?”

“Well most people still think crazy ole Devin’s still trying to make stuff in there,” he explained with a laugh. “They’re too scared to buy it and have the house explode.”

“Well why would the Hallows sell their house if Angel and Devin still lived there?” I asked. He stayed quiet. “Luke…”

“Angel doesn’t live there and once she was gone, they started to blame Devin for that,” he said.

“Where’d she go?” I asked, concerned. He stopped at a red light and looked over to me with a frown.

“Why are you asking like you don’t know?” he asked.

“Because I don’t know,” I reasoned, seriously. “Uh, amnesia, er something maybe?”

“Right…” he remembered. “Well right at the beginning of school starting, she died.”

“She died?”

SHE DIED!?

He nodded.

“Got stuck in the school fire,” he informed. He snickered. “I think it’s funny. Considering she was Hot Head and all.”

He continued to laugh and try to remind me of all the h3ll we caused her over the years because she was Brian’s brother—who I didn’t dare to ask about—and all I did was get even more furious. Then he started to tell me about how things changed when I realized that I had fire powers. Apparently we could boss around whoever we wanted with it. So much that we ordered around Devin. He made the Drug for Luke, but there was no effect. That was the last batch of chemicals concerning “the Drug”.

“Zac!” I was addressed. I just focused on the road, hating Luke more and more. My fists were balled up and turning red with heat. “Zac!?!”

“WHAT!?” I yelled, feeling water poured on me. I sat up and opened my eyes.

It was a dream.

I looked around to see it to be Vanessa with a bucket, emptied out on me.

“You nearly set this bed on fire!” she scolded.

“I’m…I’m sorry,” I apologized, still phased by my dream.

“What the h3ll made you so pissed off?” Vanessa asked me as we trashed my sheets and made my bed with new ones in the middle of the night with silence up until now.

“I…I don’t know,” I lied. I knew why I was mad.

I realized that no matter what the situation was, I should’ve hated Luke—and myself for that matter—for anything we had done and would’ve amounted to. That’s a good a$$ reason why I was pissed.

Another reason I was mad, was because I was angry with myself. I had told Angel that I wished I never saved her from that fire. My dream would’ve been my future. That future was everything that I was against now…because of Angel.

***

Remember when I told Brian that in six months, everything would be clear to me about Angel?

Well I was wrong.

I wanted to go up to her every day and tell her I loved her, but at the same time, I hated her just as much as before all this happened. Yet, when she actually tried to act civil towards me in public, I either shunned her or acted completely immature and hostile towards her.