Chapter 40

Chapter 40
November 2, 2024

I woke up to a large pain in my abdomen, it was a throbbing excruciating pain. I opened my eyes to be greeted by white walls, a hospital bed, and 3 boys in the room. I did not recognize any of them. One boy seemed to be in his late 20's, the two other boys were quite young. I groaned from the pain which then caused the older man to wake up from his slumber.

"Jade!" He said excitedly while still in his tired state. He stood up and grabbed a hold of my hand. The gesture felt so normal and comfortable but I didn't know this man.

"Who are you?" I asked, slowly taking my hand out of his grasp. His eyes widened and he rushed out of the room. When he came back, he was accompanied by a doctor.

"Why didn't you tell me she would have amnesia?!" He snapped at the doctor.

"She lost a lot of blood by the time she arrived at the hospital, she will get her memory back soon. It's not a permanent problem." The doctor explained before turning his attention to me. "Ma'am, how old are you?"

"I am 17 years old," I stated. The man in the white coat nodded his head and wrote something down.

"Actually, you are currently 25 years old. Those two boys are your sons. A few days ago, you were in a shooting, the bullet was stuck in your stomach. After you were shot, you had fallen on a broken bottle which caused a large piece of glass to be lodged into your right cheek."

"I need a mirror," I demanded. The doctor shook his head.

"I don't believe that is a good idea-" He began but I cut him off.

"Give me a fucking mirror," I repeated. He let out a large sigh before handing me one. My breathing stopped as I stared at my reflection. There was a large bandage on my face, covering the wound. The right side of my face was completely discolored with a black, blue and slightly green tint. I did not look like myself.

I began to cry while staring at my horrid face. This wasn't me, I no longer looked like myself. My soft cries turned into loud sobs. The older one of the young boys woke up and ran to the bed. He climbed up and grabbed his small arms around me. "Who are you, people?! I don't know any of you! Where's Braxton?! I want Braxton," I screamed sobbing. The young boy was startled by my loud scream.

Soon my brother rushed into the room. Xavier came over and hugged me tightly. "Where's Braxton?" I cried into his shoulder. My brother did not answer my question. "Who are they?" I pointed to the other three boys in the room, I wanted answers.

Xavier started talking, "Jade, Braxton passed away earlier this year. Those boys are your kids," he stated. I was now sobbing uncontrollably, too overwhelmed with this new information. None of this was real. He can't be dead. Please, no. He ruffled the young boy's hair, "this is Dawson" then he pointed to the other boy, "that is Tyler." Xavier twisted his body to point to the older body, "this is Shane, your boyfriend."

"I'm 17, how am I supposed to have kids?! Braxton is my boyfriend. Stop lying to me, Xavier! This isn't a big sick joke."

"You have amnesia, I would not lie to you about something serious like this. You are 25 years old. I know this is a lot to take in." He informed me, rubbing my back. I didn't know what to think. I didn't know anything, did I go to college? How did Braxton die? Why did I get shot? I laid back in the uncomfortable bed, wanting to forget this situation.

"It's best that Jade gets some rest, she's been through a lot."

"Mommy, are you okay?" Dawson asked, taking my hand in his. He looked like a miniature version of Braxton, almost identical. I lifted my hand to touch his cheek, wiping away a tear that fell from his eye.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully. He cuddled himself into my side, not wanting to touch my wound on my stomach. The pain started to fade away as I fell asleep.

*

There was a warm sensation laying next to me when I woke up again. I rubbed my hand on the warm area, thinking it was a blanket but I was wrong. I opened my eyes to see what it was. The room was dark and empty. Neither of my supposed kids or boyfriend was in the room except a body lying in the bed next to me. I squinted my eyes to see the face, it was Braxton. He seemed to be very relaxed even though the bed was very uncomfortable.

I shook him, "Braxton?" He opened his eyes and looked down at me.

"Hey, babe." He mumbled before kissing my forehead, pulling me closer to him. He examined my injured cheek, running his thumb slowly over the bandage. I winced when he put too much pressure on it, making it sting. "They will pay for doing this to you."

I was very confused. Xavier said he died earlier in the year, then why is he next to me? Did the accident cause me to see things? "Why are you here? I thought you were dead?"

"I am, this is a dream." He stated. His hand pulled back my hair to go behind my ear. I stared at his eyes, not understanding the situation I was in. My eyes were open, I know I was awake. This was not a dream.

"This is no way in hell a dream, Braxton-" I started but he put his finger up to my mouth, making me quiet.

"It's okay, let me just lay here with you. I have missed you so fucking much." He pulled my face to his lips, giving me a passionate kiss. I pulled away and laid on his chest. I knew something wasn't right. He shouldn't be here. I made a promise to myself to not tell anyone. They would probably put me into a mental asylum which I truly didn't want.

***
Is Braxton actually back? Is Jade seeing things? Who knows.......

Goals:

- 300 reads

-50 votes

-T