Chapter 27

Chapter 27
March 18, 2024

I stretched my arms as I woke up and hit something hard. I opened my eyes looked at what I hit, I was a muscular back. The stranger's back was filled with red nail marks, it looked quite painful. I did that to him, I felt a wave of guilt rush over me.

My vision was blurry and so was my brain. I quickly looked down at my body, which was under covers. Completely bare. The only thing I had left on me was my wedding ring. Braxton. I cheated on my husband.

I quickly covered my mouth to cover my soft cry. I guess it wasn't enough to cover my cry because I felt the man turn around. My eyes remained closed as I started to hyperventilate. I couldn't breathe in that moment.

"Jade open your eyes, calm down. I'm here" the man said loudly. I continued sobbing into my hands as the man spoke. "Jade it's me! Braxton!" Those words made me open my eyes. It was my husband. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and held me close. I cried in happiness, I hadn't cheated on him after all. But I still felt guilt in my heart.

"Baby calm down, it's okay." He rubbed my back as he whispered nice things into my ear.

I tightened my arms around his body, which made him wince. Then my mind clicked, "why are you here? You are supposed to be back home." I let go of him.

"I'm here to get you back. And clearly, pleasure you while I'm at it." He winked. Braxton moved his mouth close to my ear, "I think I completed half of that." And kissed my cheek.

"I had a heart attack! I thought I cheated on you, are you trying to kill me?! So you traveled all the way here to trick me into sleeping with you? Is that what this is about-" I was cut off by his hand, but I continued mumbling into his hand.

"I came here to get you back because I miss you and the kids. Edward and the guys had drugged me, he can vouch for me. I kept my promise to you. They had slipped something into my drink, my non-alcoholic may I add. Also, your brother told me where you guys went, I explained what happened. It wasn't very hard to find you in your drunken state in the club. You are lucky that I got you before some other freak did." He explained.

"Oh my hero," I said sarcastically. "I'm still angry! Do you even remember what you said to me? What horrible things you said about me and the kids?" I asked, pushing him off of me. I rolled over and got off of the bed. I quickly grabbed my clothes off the floor and made my way to the bathroom.

"Of course I don't! I was drugged for Pete's sake!" He shouted through the door. I threw my clothes on and grabbed my heels. I swung the door open and ran into Braxton's chest by mistake. He held me close and didn't let me move an inch. "You know I would never say those things sober. You are just too stubborn to realize that right now."

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" was all I said to him. I tried to move from him but he just tightened his grip on me. "If you want to hold me, you could at least put some clothes on." I motion towards his naked body. He looked down and shrugged.

"You have seen me naked multiple times, that's how I got these marks." He grabbed my hand and ran it along his back, making me feel the scratches I made. I smirked into his chest, so he couldn't see.

"I know you are smiling." He said confidently.

"See you can't stay mad at me." He gloated, swaying us back and forth. His smile made his dimples appear, I love his smile.

"That's a problem for me," I announced. "Okay, I will stay if you put clothes on." I complied. "To discuss our problems."

"No more touching or I leave. I'm taking this serious now. Everything has changed and the situation can no longer be taken lightly." I said.

He stared at me with a glint of unidentifiable emotions before nodding.