Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Part 1
November 22, 2023

When I heard the door slam open I awoke from my nightmare. A single body walked into the living room where I was laying.

"Hey babe, why are you crying?" Braxton asked, holding many bags of groceries in his hands.

I wiped away the tears and shook my head, "I was thinking about some things from the past. It's nothing."

He nodded his head and went to the kitchen to put the bags down. Dawson plopped himself next to me on the couch. He kissed my cheek then my stomach, "hi baby." He mumbled into my stomach, smiling.

"Did you get my pickles?" I asked. He nodded his head. Dawson grabbed my hand and took me to the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and there were about 10 containers of pickles. "You are the best son ever."

"I know," he smirked.

"You look like your father when you do that." I pinched his chubby cheeks.

"I'm more handsome," I heard a deep voice whisper into my ear.

"You are not," Dawson argued.

"Of course he's not," I agreed. Braxton let out a slight growl that I can only hear.

"Hey Grey, can you go play with your games? I need to speak to your mother." Braxton asked. Dawson didn't hesitate to run out of the room to his room.

"What are we naming the baby?"

"I want to name him Tyler Spencer for a boy," I answered, opening a jar of pickles.

"And for a girl?"

"You can name her," I replied.

"Brooklyn Adeline," he said proudly.

"Can I ask you a question?" I changed the subject.

"You just did," he told me as he took a bite out of an apple.

I ignore his comment and continue, "where did you bury Matthew's body?" He didn't have a reaction to the question. "I think it's best that you don't know," Braxton grumbled.

"Why shouldn't I know? I want to visit him." I questioned. He shook his head and headed towards the door. Before he walked out, he spun around and pointed a finger at me. "I don't ever want to hear his name in this house again! He's dead and gone, you shouldn't have to worry about him anymore."

*
Thanksgiving Day
November 23, 2023

I knocked on the door to my parent's house. It was turkey day! Which means lots of free delicious food.

My father opened the door and smiled widely. "Mi Hermosa hija!" He didn't hesitate to hug me tightly, even though it was hard with my large stomach.

He ushered me inside along with Braxton who was carrying Dawson. "Your mother has been dying to see you. She said she wanted to see your glowing face-" he was interrupted by a loud gasp.

"Hija!" My mom exclaimed, rushing towards me in her heels. "You are glowing! I miss being pregnant!" She whined.

"No you don't," my father commented. My mother glared at him slightly and slapped his shoulder. My mother leaned in close as if she was going to hug me, "Daniel is here." As soon as she said that I felt someone hug me from behind.

"Hey gorgeous," the deep voice whispered seductively. I jumped forward a bit when I felt something against my dress. My body turned to face him, his face was in utter shock. His shock disappeared and was replaced with a playful smirk. "You know I have always thought pregnant women were sexy-"

"Excuse me?! This is my wife and child right here! I don't think they would want any boners near them besides mine." Braxton snapped, pulling me away from Daniel. My father gasped at my husband's statement.

Daniel sent a cold stare towards Braxton before walking away.

My mother chuckled nervously and clapped her hands, "perfect timing! Dinner is ready!" She grabbed my father's hand and dragged him away with her.

Most of my aunts and uncles were here along with my cousins. Which means a lot of people in a small cozy home, pact together.

"Let's go, mommy! I'm hungry." Dawson whined as he tugged on my hand.

"Me too, Grey." I sighed. "Me too," I repeated.

When we walked in, there were 3 seats next to Daniel, they were the only ones that were unfilled. Braxton pulled out the chair and allowed me to sit. Dawson hopped into the seat next to me. He took his seat next to Daniel, who didn't look happy either.

"Come on, mom! I'm going to give birth by the time I get the food!" I told her. She glared at me, mentally telling me to shut my trap. It seemed like she was allowing herself to go slower than before.

I want food, I mentally yelled.

"The kid is going to be in the college by the time I start stuffing my mouth with food," I mumbled to myself. I heard Dawson giggle next to me. I looked over at Braxton, he was having a stare down with Daniel.

Happy Thanksgiving to me, I rolled my eyes at my own thoughts.