Chapter 22

Chapter 22
February 29, 2024

My fingers curled around Braxton's hand as I felt another contraction. My eyes wandered to the clock and it read 11:47 pm. I smiled, the day was almost over. But the smile disappeared when the baby kicked really hard.

"Fuck!" I swore, grabbing my stomach. Braxton smiled and rubbed my belly gently.

"Jade, you are going to need to start pushing. This baby needs to get out." The doctor ordered.

"No! It's almost 12, please. My baby can't be born on this day." I begged him, but he shook his head.

"We can't wait any longer or something bad could happen to your child."

"Start pushing, god dammit!" Braxton yelled at me. I was in so much pain, tears started pouring out of my hazel eyes. I began sobbing into my hands, not knowing what to do. My hands were pulled away with force.

"Are you going to kill our child from your own stubbornness?!" Braxton snapped at me again. I shook my head. My fragile hand was still in his iron tight grip, a bruise was already forming.

"Get out," I whispered. He stared at me, his expression dropped tremendously. "What?" He breathed out.

"I said get out!" I yelled, making my pain level to rise. "If you want to order me around and make me feel bad, you can leave!"

"Baby, please, I'm sorry-" he started. I held my hand up to his face. Braxton frowned and turned around.

Another contraction hit me, causing me to scream. Braxton ran back over to me, holding my hand with care. He kept his mouth shut, for the most part.

"I wasn't going to leave anyway. I was just going to sit on the couch." And he pointed the couch near the door. I hit his arm with all of my might. He grabbed his now injured arm, "hurtful!"

*

My possessive husband snatched the cold wet towel away from the male nurse, who was going to wipe away the sweat from my face. He patted my face with the towel, making my face cool down. I smiled from the coldness. The doctor walked over with our son, who was wrapped in a light blue blanket.

"Mr. and Mrs. Russo I present your son, Tyler Spencer Russo." He handed me our son. The little boy's eyes were still closed, I gently rubbed his soft chubby cheek. His eyes snapped open, he had my hazel eyes. He opened his mouth and smiled at me, showing me his pink gums.

Braxton ran his fingers over the little pieces of brown hair that sat on Tyler's head.

"He looks like you," Braxton commented.

"I know, I love it." I smiled at our son. "I love him."

"I love him too," he kissed my cheek. "You did good babe."

"Oh my god! He has the same birthday as Justin Bieber!" I gasped. Braxton rolled his eyes at me, he didn't like Justin Bieber at all. "You know, one of these days, your eyes are going to roll into the back of your head. And stay there."

He playfully glared at me. The door to the room opened, Dawson and Ashton walked in. The little boy jumped onto the bed, getting close to Tyler. He grabbed his little brother's hand and just played with it. He started comparing the size of their hands which made Tyler let out a small giggle.

"I wanna hold him!" Ashton clapped his hands and held his arms out. I placed the baby in his arms, he took a seat on the long white couch. Dawson sat next to him and continued to play with his little brother.