Chapter 12

Chapter 12
May 27, 2023

Dinner was quite loud with all the members talking and the sounds of the utensils. Braxton sat at the end of the table with me next to him. Dawson was seated on my right then Ashton next to him.

Throughout dinner, Ashton was playing with Dawson. Every once and a while I would join in on their conversation, but Braxton was silent. He kept glaring at Ashton, even though he never noticed. Other than that Braxton kept his eyes down at his food.

After dinner, I told everyone to leave their plates there, so I could take them one by one. Ashton didn't go back to the meet, instead, he hung out with Dawson. When I was finishing the last dish, Ashton walked in. Grey was hanging off his shoulder, asleep. "Dawson fell asleep. I don't know where his room is, so..." He trailed off.

I wiped my hands on a cloth and put the dish in the dishwasher. "Oh, I will show you. Are you sure you don't want me to carry him?" I asked as we walked into the hallway.

"It's okay, it's the least I could do." He declared. "I think he's my new best friend," Ashton smiled. My mind thought of Matthew, then a tear fell. I wiped it away quickly so Ashton couldn't see.

I opened Dawson's bedroom door and allowed Ashton in. He gently laid Dawson on the bed and put a blanket on him. I walked out and waited in the hallway. Soon Ashton walked out, closing the door softly.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Why aren't you at the meeting? Isn't it important?"

"I didn't feel like it. And they are only sorting out the drugs." He answered casually.

"Drugs? There are drugs in this house! At this moment?" I demanded, pacing back and forth in the hallway.

He rushed to me and covered my mouth with his hand. "Shh, you weren't supposed to know. It's not like we are smoking it or snorting it. Calm down, we are just selling it," he explained.

"Knowing Braxton, he's testing the product before selling" I mumbled to myself. He gave me a confused look and removed his hand. I didn't want to repeat what I said.

"That's what we do, you shouldn't be surprised. You knew that you did marry Braxton." He said.

Pretty boy is right, you married the idiot.-B

"That doesn't mean I want drugs in my house! And I married Braxton before he got into the gang." I stated. "We had an agreement that we would keep drugs out of this house."

"Please calm down. It's just normal gang business." He assured me. I felt myself breathe out and close my eyes.

"I'm going downstairs and we do not speak of this," I said, walking towards the stairs. Once I got downstairs I rushed to the bathroom. I splash my face with cold water, calming myself down.

But drugs! There are drugs in my home. What if Dawson gets his little hands on it. No, Jade calm down. He will be fine.

I started breathing heavily. I heard someone knock at the door. I quickly dry my hand and open the door. Ashton was standing there, looking worried. "Are you okay? You look like you saw a ghost."

"I'm fine," I breathed out. My hands were covering my face, I was stressed.

"Ashton, man, we need to go. It's getting late." A member informed Ashton. He nodded his and looked at me.

We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. We look towards the sound and saw Braxton standing with his arms crossed. He gave us a stern look and walked away. Ashton gave me one last glance before he went out the door. Once all the members were gone, I went upstairs to get changed into my pajamas. Our bedroom door slammed open, my head snaps towards it. "What's wrong with you? You're fucking the tattooed kangaroo now! What kind of wife are you, you can't even stay loyal." Braxton snaps, slamming the door.

These hoes ain't loyal, Bone said in a singing voice.

"This was my first time meeting him. I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't ask him to chase me around the kitchen!" I said, pulling the shirt over my head.

"Why do you always lie?! Why shouldn't I just kill you now!" He growled. I turned around and closed the drawer. When I spun back around, Braxton was holding a gun to my head. "Why shouldn't I kill you?" He repeated.

"Because I'm your wife," I answered.

"Not good enough." He replied. He cocked the gun and remained it on my forehead. Tears started trailing down my face, I closed my eyes.

"Don't do this," I cried. My hands were on the dresser and they were shaking.

"You only cause me problems, this is how I solve my problems. You are useless to me,"

I opened my eyes and stared at his face. "Are you high on something?" His eyes were whacked. And I could see some white powder near his nose. "Did you snort cocaine?" I asked.

"That's none of your business, bitch." He said, grabbing my throat. His hand tightened on my throat making it hard to breathe.

"Kill me. Put me out of my misery." I squeaked out.

"Mommy I can't sleep," I hear Dawson knock on the door. If it wasn't for Braxton's hand on my throat I would let out a sob.

"I will be there in a minute, baby," I answered, trying to make it sound like I wasn't crying.

"Okay," he said softly. I hear his little footsteps walking away from the door. I wiped away my tears and stood still.

I can't die. I need to be strong for Dawson.

Braxton let go of my throat and removed the gun from my head. "I would rather torture you, it's more fun."

"This is just the beginning." He whispered in my ear. I ran towards the door and headed to Dawson's room. I opened the door and locked it. Dawson was laying under his favorite blanket.

I walked over to the bed and laid with him. I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him close. In a few minutes, I could hear his soft snores. I laid awake rethinking what just happened. Braxton wanted to kill me, while our son was a few rooms down.

After reliving the situation over and over again I finally fell asleep

*-*-
Hey readers, I hope everyone is enjoying the story.

Remember to vote and comment, it keeps me writing this story. If you guys didn't know, it means a lot to know that everyone is enjoying the story.

-T