Chapter 36

Chapter 36
September 7, 2024

Dawson jumped up and down as he started at his new school. He was starting kindergarten and he was very excited about it.
(I know I screwed up on the correct dates he should be starting elementary school. His birthday is September 27th. He will be turning 5. I'm sorry for the errors.)

Dawson grabbed my hand and pulled me into the school. His eyes lit up as he stared down the long hallway. I walked him to his new classroom where all of his new classmates were. Dawson smiled widely as the kids walked around. He was always a talkative and social kid.

"Bye mommy!" He said and ran to a group of boys who were near the windows of the classroom.

I chuckled under my breath, ready to leave him to his new school. "Hi, I'm Mrs. Burrows." An older woman stuck her hand out. I shook her hand and smiled. "I'm your son's new teacher."

My eyes were trained on the woman. She was my older teacher. "Mrs. Burrows, it's me Jade Lambur!" She was confused for a second then recognized me. She gave me a quick bear bug before saying something. "Honey I haven't seen you in ages!"

"I was living in Florida for a while. Then, I decided to move back, to be closer to my brother."

"That's wonderful. You can raise your kids back in your hometown. Do you have any other kids?" She asked.

I nodded my head, "I have a son named Tyler. He's only 5 months." Mrs. Burrows awed at me.

"Next time you come to drop Dawson off, bring the little one! If you will excuse me, those kids are trying to eat the glue." She laughed. "I will see you later, Jade." And rushed away from me.

I shook my head, smiling. I exited the classroom and the school to go back to my car.

Today Shane, Tyler and I were going to the mall in search of Dawson's birthday present. Also, finding a venue to have a small gathering for the wonderful day.

Once I arrived home, I found Shane playing with Tyler in the living room. He had not noticed that I came home, Shane continued dancing around the room with Tyler in his arms. The movie Hairspray was on as they danced in the spacious room. It was the point in the movie when Penny and Seaweed were escaping Penny's mother's home. At the right time, I jumped in on the singing.

Shane stopped what he was doing and let out a loud scream like a girl. Tyler began to cry from the loud noise. His eyes widened as he stared at me. "I didn't know you were home," I saw him take a gulp. The scared man saw the baby was crying and started rocking him back and forth. Tyler stopped crying and began smiling.

"Ready to go to the mall?" He asked.

"Yes, I am. Beautiful dance moves by the way. Very elegant." I gave him a quick wink before taking Tyler and putting him in his carrier.

"You weren't meant to see that"

"I did. It was rather funny," I laughed and pinched his cheek. He gave me a pouty face and walked to the car. "I don't get why you are so upset about it, I do it all the time."

"Because now you think I'm a geek." He made a sad face.

"I already knew you were a geek," I said as I turned on the ignition to the Audi.

"And yet I'm your geek." He smiled at me, showing me his beautiful white straight teeth.

"Yes, you are."

*At the mall*

"Would he like the water speakers?" Shane held up a box of water speakers. I gave him a confused look.

"Why on earth would he need those?" I asked. "You want then don't you?" He gave me a fake look and shook his head.

"I just thought the boy would enjoy them, just like I would." He said and put it back on the shelf. "Maybe the big dinosaur?" And held it up to me. I nodded my head and smiled. As I turned the cart around to go to the cashier with my items, I felt a weird substance on my neck. I spun around and saw Shane holding a broken can of silly string.

He had sprayed me with me it. I saw there were other cans that were broken and I snatched them. I began spraying Shane as we ran up and down the aisle, our laughs filled the store. I rushed back to Tyler for some sort of protection. Shane's are wrapped around me as he lifted me in the air.

"Thomas, look! What a wonderful and beautiful family. Look how happy they are, remember how we used to be? You need to step up before I give Richard a chance." An old woman down the aisle was staring at us in a glance. Her hands were together as she awed and bickered at her husband. The poor old man had his hand on his hips, giving his wife a look.

"Richard?! That old geezer doesn't even have a tooth in his mouth!" The man said with shock. The old woman gave him a little smirk before walking away, leaving her man in shock. Shane chuckled under his breath before pushing the cart to the end of the store for us to check out.