Chapter 7

Chapter 7
May 17, 2023

After the gun shot went off, it's sound echoed through my ears. I saw Matthew's eyes close. Then his body fell to the ground. Braxton's friends let go of me, allowing me to run to Matt. Tears were running down my face for quite a while now. The gun shot hit Matthew's forehead. I started wailing as I stared at his dead body.

He was gone.

I kept saying "I'm sorry" over and over again as I continued to cry. My hands ran over his soft clear face, he was still warm.

His face looked so peaceful, while mine probably looked terrible and tear-stained. It felt like hours, even though it has been only a few minutes. I felt someone's arms pick me up. I struggled in the unknown person's arms, I wanted to stay with Matthew. I didn't want to leave him alone.

"Let me go!" I shouted, failing in the person's arms.

"Jade, calm down!" James demanded. I closed my eyes, I didn't want to be here. I didn't want this to happen.

"He's gone, it's my fault" I mumbled as I sobbed into my hands. James set me down on the couch.

"Boys, just burn the body" I heard Braxton's voice snap. I pulled myself together and went towards his voice.

"You are a monster! You murdered the one person who actually cared about me! And why? Because he loved me? Because he was with me first? You had no right! Now he's gone, I can never be with him again! Ever! Braxton, you are such a horrible person. I can not believe I'm married to you! I will never forgive you! Never!" I expressed my anger by verbalizing my thoughts. James's hands wrapped around my waist, keeping me from attacking Braxton.

My husband seemed to go soft for a second when he saw my tears, but only for a second. "I don't really give a fuck" was all he said. His body disappeared into the backyard, probably disposing of Matthew's body.

"I hate you" I yelled out as I walked back to the living room. My body jumped on the couch, I curled myself into a little ball and I just laid there. I heard his loud footsteps enter the room, I mentally groan.

"What did you say?" He snapped. I don't even dare to look at him, I just close my eyes.

"Get away from me"

"You said you hated me! What kind of bullshit is that?" He said.

"I do hate you! You killed the one guy that loved me! Because you clearly don't care about me or my feelings. I'm just a punching bag for you, and I'm sick of it!"

"Then leave! If I'm so fucking horrible, leave! I don't want to live with a complicated bitch anyway." Braxton yelled. I stood up from the couch and ran upstairs to grabbed my packed bag.

After last time, I will always keep a packed bag with me.

I snatch it and go to the car, and throw the bag inside. I shuffle back inside for Dawson, he was playing in his room.

"Where is Matty?" Dawson asked looking away from his toys.

"Matty needed to leave, he won't be back for a while." I held back the tears that were welling in my eyes.

"He left his shirt!" Dawson held up Matthew's black sweatshirt that had our school's name.

"He probably wants you to have it, that's why." I gave him a small smile.

"Mommy, why were you screaming?"

"Mommy was playing a game with Daddy. To see who could yell the loudest." I lied. In my mind, I feel horrible lying to my son about the situation with him father.

"We are going on a little trip, let's go," I said with fake enthusiasm. He smiled brightly then started jumping up and down with joy. I picked him up and crept downstairs. Then I bolted for the door when I saw no one was around

James was leaning again the car when I opened the door. "Where are you going?"

"Braxton said I could go, so I am," I answered honestly. My hands made their way to the door and opened it. I gently put Dawson in his car seat and buckled him.

"So you are giving up? Running away?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, you wouldn't understand how hard it is to be with him. Now he killed someone I cared about! I love Braxton with all of my heart, but he treats me like nothing. See this bruise? He did this to me! Edward even hit me and Braxton didn't do shit! It's pointless to stay!" I explain. "He hurts me! In so many ways, I can't stay here for much longer." I broke down into tears.

I wiped away my makeup that covered up my hideous bruise. "You wouldn't understand what I have been through since I have been with him. He's changed, he's not the man I married. I want Braxton back," I sobbed. James pulled me into his arms and just held me for a while.

"If you truly loved him you would stay, and try to change things. Maybe you can save your marriage," he told me.

You are the reason why this marriage has turned to shit, Boney told me.

This voice makes me want to pull my hair out. I can't be crazy, I won't be crazy. Ignore him.

"Marriage requires 2 people, not just one. If he wants to try too, then we could have a second chance. I'm just going to Florence's for a couple of days, don't tell him." I assured him. He nodded and headed back into the house. I spun around and got inside my Audi. Then I drove off to my best friend's house.

Maybe our marriage can be saved, but it's not a one woman job. He needs to try also if he loves me. Key word "if".

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Remember to comment and vote :)

-T