Chapter 4

Chapter 4
May 15, 2023

*Braxton's POV*

I slid the key into the door and opened it very cautiously. I entered the house, with my luggage traveling behind me. I closed the door and leave my stuff behind as I search for Jade in our dark house. I looked at the wall and saw an unfamiliar coat hanging on a hook. I felt my fists turn into balls, he's still here. My feet took me to the living room, which is where I saw my wife laying on the couch, next to another man with our son was snuggled into her arms.

I walked over and quietly took Dawson out of Jade's arms. I carried him to his room, I kissed him goodnight and headed back downstairs. I saw them still in the same position. The scene in front of me made me furious. This stranger had his arms around my wife.

I tried to take her off the couch, trying not to wake her up. I failed when I saw her eyes flutter open. She didn't say anything, she just stared at me with wide eyes probably wondering why I was home. I held my breath, not knowing if she was going to yell at me. I heard a groan from the body on the couch.

"Babe come back" the man whined, trying to grab her. From reflexes, I pulled her even farther away from him. She stood behind me, still quiet. "Jade?" He mumbled, opening his eyes. His dark eyes landed on me, "who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Jade's husband, remember me?" I snapped.

"Oh it's nice to meet you, Brandon" he smirked, sitting upright on the couch.

"It's Braxton, asswipe. It's time for you to leave!" I growled, picking him up by his shirt.

"Braxton leave him alone!" I heard Jade say from the living room. I grab his coat off of the hook, I then opened the front door. I threw him out, along with his coat. I slammed the door and locked, so he wouldn't be able to get back in.

"What was that for?" Jade snapped.

"I threw a man out, who had his arms around my wife! That's what that was" I yelled.

"He wasn't even touching me! I don't understand why you even care, you never act like this even if it was your friends! You want them to touch me! You don't even like to have your arms around me" she said before running up the stairs. I followed her.

*Third person POV*

Braxton raced up the stairs after his wife, he grabbed her arm to stop her. "That doesn't mean he has the right to touch you."

"Matthew did not touch me. He's my friend. He came over which I wasn't expecting. We hung out and had dinner, nothing happened." Jade assured him. She ripped her arm out of Braxton's grip. She tried to walk away again but Braxton caught her once again. He stood in front of her body, blocking her path.

"Who was he? Your secret lover? I didn't know my wife was a slut," he yelled out.

You know he's right, Jade's mysterious voice said.

"What is wrong with you! I never have or will cheat on you. I get lonely! You don't show me affection, I don't get anything from you. That was the first time in a long time since someone said they cared about me or even hugged me. Dawson is the only one who shows me affection in this house." She told him. She stared him straight in his eyes, "I want a divorce."

His facial expression changed, it was totally emotionless. He raised his hand and got her on the cheek. She was at the edge of the stairs, from the impact, she fell down the stairs. Her body tumbled down the tall stairs, she laid at the bottom, unconscious. A door opened from down the hall, Braxton turned around.