Chapter 1

Chapter 1
May 14 of 2023

"I want pancakes" a harsh voice demands, I open my eyes and see Braxton laying next to me in our bed, fully clothed. I groan and move around in the bed, trying to go back to sleep. I was almost asleep when the covers were ripped off of my body. I shoot up from the bed and see Braxton holding the bed sheets in his large hand.

I know I wasn't going to get out of cooking, so I hopped off the bed and walked to the door. I could feel his blue eyes on me as I left the room, he didn't follow me. Once I descend the stairs, I feel little arms wrap around my legs. "Mommy!" Dawson smiles up at me. I pick him up and kiss his cheek. "Mommy, can I help you make pancakes?" He asks, giving me his puppy eyes.

"Okay, you can make the mix with me" I agree, he gives me his best smile. I set him on the counter, as I grab the ingredients for the pancakes. I set the bowl next to him and cut open the bag. I hand the bag to him, so he could pour it into the bowl. He giggled as he put his hands on the powder. Dawson showed me his now white hands, he puts them on my cheeks. I smiled at his silliness and did the same thing to him.

"Are you two making a mess?" I hear from behind. I look and see Braxton standing there with a hard expression. I feel my heart drop because there was a possibility that he would yell at me. But instead, he smiled and grabbed Dawson off the counter, then kissed his floured cover cheeks.

"Daddy now you do it to Mommy" he squeaked out, still smiling. I froze in place and looked at Dawson. He doesn't even know the half of it. My eyes move towards Braxton, his expression dropped tremendously. I look down and move back towards the pancake batter. To my surprise, I feel soft warm lips on my right cheek. My heart raced a little, but the sensation only lasted a few moments. I hear large footsteps leave the kitchen, I guess I'm finishing the pancakes by myself.

Once I finish the pancakes I make some bacon to go with it. I place the food on 3 plates and placed them on the kitchen table. I poured 3 glasses of orange juice and put them near the plates. I called for the boys as I placed the syrup on the table. They came rushing in, Dawson's little body quickly hopped on to his chair, before he started stuffing his face.

I laughed at Dawson's mess, I could hear Braxton's deep chuckles from across the table. I smile knowing he wasn't in one of his moods today. Me being the weird person that I am, put the bacon inside the pancake as if it was a burrito.  As I eat my food I feel someone staring at me. I move my head up and see bright blue orbs looking into my hazel eyes. I swallowed my food, "what?" I asked.

He just shook his head, "you are weird" he stated.

"That's one of the reasons you married me," I told him. He smirked as he drank some of his Orange juice

"One of the many, many reasons, baby" I heard him mumble. I look up at him surprised, but he acted like he never said anything. I finished my food and put my dish in the sink. I turn back around and see my son, with his hands covered in syrup. I picked him up and moved him towards the sink. I ran his sticky hands under warm water, with some soap.

He made a bubble with his hand, he tried to grab it but it popped. He pouted, knowing he had destroyed it.

"Braxton, do you want to watch a movie with Dawson and me?" I questioned him, but Braxton was no longer in the room with us. He was most likely in his office. I walked Dawson to the family room and had him sit beside me on the couch. "What movie, Grey?" Grey was his middle name, I often him called him by his middle name.

"Grease!" He said excitedly, jumping up and down on the couch.

"That's your father and me's favorite movie" I informed him. I put the movie on and enjoyed the movie with my son, even though his father wasn't there to enjoy it with us.