Chapter 19

Chapter 19
June 7, 2023

I watched as Xavier's friends jumped and danced in the living room. Today was his birthday and his party. I was standing in the kitchen with a cup of water in my hand. My body was leaned up against the counter, watching everyone. Braxton and Dawson were somewhere in the backyard.

The room was fairly dark because the lights were off. I saw a body walk in and stand in the doorway, they scoffed. "Oh, Miss.Perfect isn't going to party?" Jackson said. He walked up to me and got in my face.

"What do you want, Jackson?" I asked. He didn't say anything. His hand snatched my cup away from me, he took a sip from it.

"You're drinking water? Are you pregnant or something?" His breathed smelled terrible with the mixture of various liquors that he drank. I rolled my eyes and tried to move away from him. He snatched my arm, "answer me."

"Why do you even care? I'm not married to you." I stated, moving my arm from his grip. "You are my best friend. Of course, I don't want you to have a child with the spawn of Satan!" He slurred. I turned around and death glared him.

"You aren't my best friend anymore. It has been that way for a long time, and you aren't making it any better." I snapped. "I can have kids with my husband, you are not the boss of me."

"Your kids are going to come out just as fucked up as him." He sneered.

I raised my hand up and slammed my hand against his face. His face moved to the side from the force, he seemed a bit shocked. "Never, I mean never talk about my husband or my future kids like that. After this trip, I don't want to see you again." I growled, getting close to him so he would hear me.

I turned on my heels and spun around to leave, I made my way to the deck. Braxton was sitting next to Xavier as he watched Dawson. I walked over and jumped on the seat next to my brother. "Happy Birthday, Rat."

"Thanks, Skunk." He replied.

"You're welcome, Weasel," I answered. He swung his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close.

"Best birthday ever." He smiled.

I spent the rest of the night hanging out with my family and avoiding Jackson. We were leaving the morning, so we were trying to make the night last

*
June 8, 2023

"Home sweet home," I breathed out as I opened the door to our home. Dawson ran in front of me, dashing to the kitchen for a snack. I picked up some luggage and carried it up the stairs. "No, don't you dare and try to carry them. You shouldn't be carrying heavy things. You are with child." Braxton grabbed the bags away from me.

"We don't know that."

"From the test at your brother's, you are pregnant." He answered

"It could be wrong."

"Don't jinx it!" He told me and continued his way up the stairs. I sighed and went to the kitchen to check up on Dawson. He was sitting on the counter with a yogurt in his hand. "How did you get on the counter?" I asked him.

"The man helped me." He informed me, putting the spoon into the yogurt.

"What man?"

"Him." He said, pointing to someone who was behind me. I slowly turned around and jumped, it was Alexander. He was Braxton's older brother.

"Hello, Jade." His dark voice greeted. I felt my body shaking with fear. His brother has always scared me since we were in high school. I don't know why his eyes just seemed dead. Boring and emotionless. He was the Vice President of Braxton's gang, which means I would see him often.

"Alex? What are you doing here?" Braxton said as he walked into the kitchen. He grabbed his brother's arm and dragged him into the office.

-Braxton's POV-

"Why the fuck are you here?!"

"I wanted to see if she was still here, clearly she is. You were supposed to get rid of her."

"I'm not killing my wife! That wasn't the deal."

"I know what the deal is, I'm not stupid." Alex snapped at me. His dark eyes stared into mine, trying to scare me.

"Well, she's pregnant now. I can't just leave her, she's my wife. I need another year." I told him.

"You knocked her up?! Way to go, dumbass. Couldn't you just fuck some hooker or something? You just ruined the plan." Alex pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"One year," I stated. He grumbled under his breath and walked out of the office. I sighed then went back to my family.

"What did he need?" Jade asked.

"Business." She nodded her head. "So what should we name the baby?"

"Baby?" Dawson questioned with his mouth full of yogurt. I nodded and stood behind Jade.

"Your mother is having another kid." Dawson's eyes widen and he coughed on his yogurt. Jade rushed to him and made sure he was okay. "Are you okay with that? It's a big responsibility."

He coughed again and nodded his head. Dawson wrapped his arms his mother's neck and held her close. "I'm going to be a great big brother."

"I know you will, Grey," Jade mumbled into his shoulder. I saw that Dawson's shirt was tear stained from Jade, she continued to cry into her son. I walk over and consumed them in a family hug.

-5 Months Later-
November 20, 2023

I stared at my wife as she descended the stairs in her white floral dress. Her stomach was more noticeable and she was glowing. Every day she has had a smile, which I loved. Dawson ran up to her and helped her down the stairs. He has been caring for ever since we told him.

Sometimes he insisted to sleep with us to make sure the baby was alright. He has really taken on the role as a big brother. We have decided not to find out the sex of the baby, it would be better as a surprise. Jade keeps saying that we are having a boy, but I want a girl.

Thanksgiving was in a few days, Jade's family invited us over to their place. I told Jade I was more than happy to go, but I lied. Her father can't stand me, for no apparent reason. When he found out she was pregnant, he had a talk with me. He went on and on about how I impregnated his daughter at such a young age for the second time.

As Jade landed at the bottom of the stairs, I kissed her passionately. I was the first one to pull away, "I will take Dawson grocery shopping with me, so you can rest."

"I have been resting all day." She whined, stomping her foot. I pushed my pointer finger up to her lips, shushing her. "I'm taking him and that's final. You can eat pickles all day if you would like." I assured her.

"I was going to do that anyway." She laughed. She slowly bent down to Dawson's level. "You be a good boy for your father. And remember, get more pickles." Jade kissed his cheek and he kissed hers in return. She struggled to stand up properly again, I came to her assistance. I led her to the kitchen and helped her onto the stool.

I grabbed Dawson's hand, "we are going now. We will be back as soon as possible." And I walked out of the house with my son.