Chapter 1: Ace Draconis

A shrill bell sliced through the air and caused my roommate beside me to throw his pillow at the troublesome alarm clock. Sadly, his aim sucked when he was half asleep and instead the pillow collided with my face. "Oi! Blimey, Borgos you hit me in the face!"

I only received a muffled, "Sorry," before he promptly rolled over and went back to sleep.

I rolled over and slapped the alarm clock, silencing it instantly, and then I leapt out of bed and threw the pillow back at Borgos.

"...mmff..."

"Borgos, get your lazy butt out of bed, we're gonna be late for class..."

"...mhmm...calm down, Sunshine..."

"I told you to quit calling me that!"

"...twinkle toes... heh- oof!"

I grinned as the pillow collided with his thick skull.

"Let's go, mate." I said, pulling on some jeans and a black T-shirt before heading to the bathroom. Lazily, I ran a comb through my thick black hair, which spiked up naturally in response. Then I brushed my teeth. When I was done I looked at the mirror and bared my teeth. I always got a kick out of the fact that I had fangs. I mean hell, what kind of 16 year old could say they had fangs? Plus, some punk kid bugs ya, you give him a smile and flash those pearly whites...well, you ain't seeing him again for a while.

Half an hour later Borgos and I had eaten, and were dressed. We were into some of the same stuff, like we both had black T shirts on today, and I had my favorite pair of black jeans on with a hole in the left knee. Borgos had on his leather jacket, but I'd left mine in our room. Borgos' hair was black too, though not as spikey as mine. Plus his wasn't natural, and he didn't wear it back in a ponytail like I did. A few spikes always seemed to escape it though and hang out around my face. Unlike my emerald ones, Borgos has violet eyes, and he's half wyvern, which is amazing since I thought I was the last dragon around. But he and I clicked right away, and now we both know why. I suppose you're wondering where I am right now. See, when I landed on earth, I lived as a thief, stealing, doing whatever. It took me a while to figure out that suddenly jumping 20 feet in the air isn't exactly the norm around here either. Too bad I didn't know that earlier. Anyway, I wound up at this school. It's an academic boarding school, so the kids here are pretty smart, I guess. We have roommates, but luckily I got Borgos and not some other annoying bloke. I was 14 when I met him see, and now we're best mates. Plus, the advantage of both being part dragon is we don't have to hide what we are when we're in our room. If someone can't get the damned fireplace started, just breathe fire into it. Can't reach that thing on the top shelf? Fly. No questions asked. Nada, zilch. Although Borgos doesn't come from Wyvernia, said he's always lived on earth and doesn't remember any parents. So we get along fine.

We're in first semester of our junior year here. School started a month or so ago, and Borgos is in two of my classes. First Period I've got Gym, followed by Biology, period 2, and lunch, period 3. Borgos and I have the same lunch period, and he's in my Biology and Gym class. Lucky, eh? After lunch I have English, and Art. Borgos has Math and History. It's pretty boring I guess, and the kids here are weary of us. Guess they can sorta sense we're not exactly human. Well, maybe Borgos is, but he's only half human so I don't think that counts.

The only real problem is I don't think I can stay here much longer. I think Borgos knows it too. I'm being followed. People want me dead. It wasn't always this intense, maybe it's just something about being a 16 year old who isn't exactly human... See, I'm a dragon. I guess you're probably wondering who I am, and how I got into this mess.

Well, I'm Ace Draconis.

And this is my story.