New arrangements and other things

The next day our fathers had things to discuss with us and us having something to talk with them, namely digging up a body. This situation put Nik on edge, having to deal with his grief all over again or not. There were so many things wrong with this scenario; it wasn't even funny.

They gathered all of us younger kids in the kitchen since it only affected us since the older ones graduated. We all sat around the table as our dads stood in front of us.

"Dad, what's happening?" RJ asked.

"Well, since your brother and sister, along with the others graduated, we decided you all need a change of scenery," Ryan said.

We all looked at each other.

"What kind of change?" RJ asked.

"The kind that involves moving to an unfamiliar house," he said to him. That causes us all to cheer and high five each other.

"Except for one condition," dad said.

"Well, that was too good to be true," I mumbled, and dad shot me a look. "Continued."

Ryan continued. "You won't have Hunter overseeing you since Mason is sending him on an assignment, but you will have someone else."

"Who?" Austin asked.

We all looked at them as Ryan waved the person overseeing us into the kitchen. Except it wasn't one person. It was five - the brothers. We all dropped our heads onto the table.

"Told you it would thrill them," Frazier whispered to Ryan.

RJ picked up his head. "Come on, dad. I'm pretty sure we can take care of ourselves."

"Oh, yeah, you have shown how well you all have been able to take care of yourselves," he said, rolling his eyes at RJ.

"I'm good with this arrangement," Nik said with a grin. We all looked at him, and he shrugged, then turned to see Leo wave at him. He would be good with this arrangement.

"Look with your older brothers and sister not being here; your mothers would feel better if you had someone here in case anything happened," Ryan said to us.

"Fine as long as you help us with something," RJ said.

"Like what?" Ryan asked.

"How do you feel about robbing another grave?" Austin asked them.

They looked at each other, as Dad said, "Fuck. We walked right into a trap."

"Yep," Ryan said.

"I knew their calmness was too good to be true," Frazier said.

We all smiled at them. You want to stick us with den mothers; then, you will help us rob a grave.

"Liam, I could get my license yanked if they find out," dad said to me.

"Come on, dad. We need to see if it's Mike in there," I said.

"And what if it isn't? Are you guys going to handle the outcome? And what about his parents? Did you even think about what this could do to them?" He asked us.

"Uncle Jordan, we're not asking to remove the body, but we need to check, especially after Maddox and Micha. I hate that we have to do this, but I need to know how this bracelet left his casket and ended up by us," Nik said.

"Nikolaus, I don't want you to have to go through what you went through again," he said, placing his hands on Nik's shoulders.

"But that's the thing, I have Leo this time," he said, looking at Leo, who nodded.