It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

The semester had ended, and it was finally Christmas break. With everything that had happened, all of us were itching to get home and away from each other, mostly. We all needed a break.

Mel and I were inseparable. If she wasn't at the house, I was at her dorm. After that night, I refuse to let her out of my sight, and I think she was happy about it. For both of us, it made her feel safer. Even though they would never hurt her again, the doctor was right. She developed a fear of being alone. The girl that had been so free and confident was now afraid of her own shadow. Dad said that eventually, things would get better, but it would take a lot of time and patience.

One day I left Mel with Scarlett and Liz while I took care of something with RJ and Nik. We pulled up to her dorm.

"Are you sure about this?" RJ asked.

We got out of the car, and I look across the top at him. "Out of everyone, I trust you two not to rifle through her stuff or ogle her panties. Plus, Nik can help pick out some nice clothes for her."

"Why me?" Nik asked a bit confused.

"Because it's a known fact that gay men have a sense of fashion," I answered.

"Since when?" Nik questioned.

"Since forever," I replied.

"That's so stereotypical of you. I'll have you know that my fashion sense doesn't come from me. If I had my way, I'd be wearing jeans and a tee-shirt all the time. The person you should have brought is Leo. He is studying fashion design for crying out loud," Nik said emphatically.

"This is very disconcerting that you have no fashion sense," I said.

"Yeah, well, a lot of things about you are disconcerting, but you don't see me picking at them, now do you?" Nik asked with a look.

I just rolled my eyes. "Fine, call the misses."

Nik gave me another look. "Not very PC, are you?"

"All being PC does is make people more pussified. No offense, but if people get easily offended over one thing, they'll get easily offended over everything," I answered.

"I don't care about being PC. I care that you thought I had fashion sense," Nik smirked.

"Then what was with the whole PC stuff?" RJ asked.

"I just like to see Liam go on his tangent. He's pretty funny when he's on a roll," Nik laughed.

I rolled my eyes at Nik. Damn Nik, gets me every time. We went inside and up to Mel's room. I looked in her closet for two bags to put some stuff in them for her. I pulled them out and placed them on the bed. We heard a knock at the door, and Nik said, "Must be Leo."

Nik opened the door. Leo strolled into the room. "Someone call for fashion help?"

"Yeah, it seems your better half doesn't know diddly about clothes," I said to him.

"That's true. If Nik had his way, he would wear jeans and tee-shirts all the time. Not that I don't mind," Leo grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Look no offense. I need not hear about your love fest or anyone else's. Can we just get what we need and get back to the house? I'm not sure how long Mel will be okay with me leaving."

They all looked at me as we worked on packing some stuff for her. Leo picked out the clothes and underwear. I made sure she had essentials. Nik and RJ made sure they covered whatever we were missing. After getting two bags packed and a toiletries bag together, my phone went off.

I answered, "I'm on my way now. Yes, everything is fine. Don't worry; we'll be back in ten minutes. I know, baby. I know. Yeah, I love you, too." I hung up and said, "We got to get back now."