Seriously? We'll be late!

"Liam! Hurry!" Dad yelled. Then he came into the kitchen. "Seriously? We'll be late! Put the bowl down!"

"What? I'm hungry," I said, eating as I finished my bowl of cereal.

"When aren't you hungry?" JJ asked, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Dad! If we don't leave, we won't get there until fucking midnight!" Elijah yelled from the living room.

"I'm working on it! Get in the fucking car now!" Dad shouted at the three of us. I tossed my bowl into the sink, causing a crashing sound, and Dad gave me an annoyed look.

I shrugged.

"That pisses your mom off," Dad said, smacking me upside the head.

"You shouldn't have rushed me," I said casually, strolling out of the kitchen. Yeah, I'm the kid in the family that didn't give a shit what people thought of them. I wasn't afraid of my dad like Elijah, and I was more vocal than JJ, who was the quieter out of the two of us. Shawn was my adoptive brother, so he didn't count. He is my brother, but we're more protective of him. He's one of the few people whom I refuse to mess with like the others.

I love my pranks, but with Shawn, it's different. He's been to hell and back growing up. Seeing him with Mack made me happy. They were right for each other, and the minute someone mentions the entire relation thing, they don't have any teeth left. I'm protective of Shawn, and so is the rest of us.

I got into the car, and Mom looked at me. "It's about damn time!" She snapped. I think it was the time of the month with my Mom because she was more pissy than usual.

"I was busy," I answered.

"Eating again for the tenth time is not busy," Mom responded with a glare. Yep, my Mom is definitely on her monthly.

"Eh, it is for me," I replied. That pissed Mom off-mission accomplished. I love my parents, but I loved to mess with them from time to time. It was funny to watch that little vein pop in their forehead.

JJ tried to stifle a laugh but the optimum word: tried. It didn't work, and he lost it, earning a look from our parents. I love my twin. He's always got my back even if it cost him a few times of Drew hanging us on the flagpoles.

Drew was another one we love to mess with always. Yeah, sure, Drew could kick our ass, but we didn't care. It was funny to watch him get pissed. All jokes aside, Drew was one to have on your side when things got rough. Hell, the dude got shot for us on spring break last year for crying out loud. That's enough about memory lane; I don't want people to think I went soft.

In case you're wondering why my parents are ready to stroke out, we were on our way to Saintwood College but had to get settled at Uncle Mason's place. Who the hell allows people like us to take over their house? Better yet, what are they smoking? Because if it were me, I would triple bolt my door, but it isn't me, so I guess it's all good.

This trip was going to be a long-ass with everyone. At least we didn't get stuck with the hellions, but then again, Shawn and Leo were — those poor suckers. Have you ever got stuck in a car with those three? We have and let me tell you; it's not fun. Austin says something stupid; Mack tries to take his head off with Nik thrown in the middle, trying to separate them. I wonder if that was how it was when they were in utero?

"Now what?" Dad asked with irritation as we came to a stop. JJ and I sat forward with our elbows on the back of their seats.

"That can't be good. Here come Ryan and Frazier," Mom mentioned.

They walked up to the car window. "Let me guess, issues?" Dad asked.

"When isn't there a fucking issue?" Ryan asked Dad.