Plotting and planning

Not only did I have to survive college for the next four years, but deal with pain in the ass too. That would be fun. I'm pretty sure I can survive if I have to do it.

RJ and Nik went with me to Kate's bakery. Nik was meeting up with Leo later. I couldn't wait to sink my teeth in some of Kate's pastry deliciousness. We walked into the bakery, and Kate greeted us, got us some food, and we found a table.

The three of us were talking, enjoying our delicious food when the bell chimed.

"You better hide, Liam," RJ cautioned me.

I didn't need to know why. I already knew why. As I was about to slip out of my seat, Mel enters with some random guy. Okay, this should be good. Wait for it.

They walked in as Mel giggled at something lame the guy said like most girls did and walked to the counter. The three of us watched them as she flirted shamelessly with him.

"I guess she found her recent target," Nik said with a chuckle.

"Poor sap. I hope the guy knows what he's getting himself into," RJ added.

Every so often, Mel would glance my way then go back to flirting. I leaned forward, watching all this unfold and smirked, "I've got to hand it to her; this is new."

"What?" They both asked.

"She didn't find a fresh prey, she doing what most girls do when they try to get a guy's attention," I said as I went back to my food.

"What's that?" RJ asked.

"Make the guy whom they like jealous. It's the oldest trick in the book. Watch, they'll get their food. Then she drags him over to us and introduces him. She's trying to prove she's moved on to her next victim. It's all a game," I deducted between bites. I wasn't an idiot like most of my family. I knew the tricks that people played.

Then they watch as she did what I said she would do.

"Hi, guys," Mel greeted us.

"Hey, Mel," they said back.

"This is Keith," she smiled.

"It's Kevin," Kevin corrected her.

"Right, Kevin," Mel said, agreeing with him.

"Do you mind if we join you?" Mel asked.

RJ and Nik shook their heads. "No, go right ahead," RJ answered, gesturing at two empty chairs. I continued enjoying my food.

They pulled up two chairs, and I moved next to Nik. The three of us looked at each other, then at them. Mel was flirting with Kevin and all that good shit. Hmm, this could be fun.

Nik leaned over and whispered something to me as a smile curled upon my lips, even better.

"So, Kevin, is it?" I asked, and Kevin nodded as he smiled at Mel. Yeah, Kevin and Mel's flirting was plain sickening. "How long have you and Mel been dating?"

"We started dating a few days ago, and it was love at first sight," Kevin said enthusiastically. Uh, huh, sure it is, buddy.

"Love at first sight, huh? That's great because Mel here is a fabulous girl. She deserves the very best," I said with a smirk. Then Nik leaned over and whispered something to me. I nodded and continued, "So how's Kyle?"

"Kyle is," Kevin said, then he stopped.

I leaned forward and said, "Go on."

I could see the sweat beads forming on his forehead as he tried to find the words, and I enjoyed watching him squirm while Mel watched in horror. Before we continue our little tete a tete, we heard someone yell, "Kevin!"