Let the games began

With everything that happened, you would think things would calm down a bit. That's hopeful thinking, don't you think? Yeah, we felt so too until someone else had other plans.

We all hit the library to study for midterms while someone else crashed our little study party. When I mean crash, I mean, let's try to kill us.

We were all sitting at the tables. It was closing time when pretty much everyone left except for a few of us. RJ, Nik, Austin, Gina, Leo, Mel, and I wanted to get in little more of study time before heading back to the house.

"Don't stay too long, you guys," Junior said.

"We won't," Nik said as everyone headed out. We went back to studying when the lights were turning off.

RJ looked at his watch. "We still have an hour left. Don't tell me they are kicking us out already."

"Eh, I guess we'll head back plus I'm getting hungry anyway," I said as I packed up my stuff.

"When aren't you hungry?" Asked Austin.

"Suitable point," I said, waving a finger at him.

"Food sounds wonderful right about now," Nik said, standing up as he gathered his books.

"Maybe a break would help us all, plus we haven't eaten in a while since we got here," RJ said, closing his books and packing up.

As we were gathering all our stuff, lights started turning off until it was dark.

"Okay, we get it, you want to close early so that you can get your Librarian freak on, but you could at least wait until we left," I said.

Then we heard something fall. We turned on our flashlights on our phones and looked around. We listened to a clanking sound from the back of the library.

"I don't think we're alone," Nik said.

"No shit, Sherlock," said Austin.

"You know this whole stalking, making noise deal is so scary," I exclaimed. The others looked at me as I continued, "Oh, come on, we have two-thirds of the hellions here; if it should scare anyone, it should be them."

"He's got the point," said Austin to Nik.

"I take it we're about to unleash hell on earth," Nik said.

"Considering you two and Liam are here, I would say that would be a yes," RJ said.

Then we heard some more movement in another direction. My guess there would be a third entity who would make their presence known, and right on cue, I was right. Okay, if they want to tango, let's tango. First things first, we needed to get the girls out, especially Mel. I looked at her, and she was white as a ghost.

Usually, I wouldn't care, but I knew this was bringing up nasty memories for her. We told them to stay close to RJ and Leo while Austin, Nik, and I went on a scavenger hunt for the unknown people.

The three of us split up. "Come out, come out wherever you are," I said with a song in my tone.

Someone stepped out from behind one bookcase as Austin said, "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

They looked at Austin, who grinned then rushed them, tossing them over his shoulder. He seemed to see Nik, who turned to see the other person step out into view. "Ollie, Ollie, oxen free, motherfucker," Nik said as he ran, slid and landed between his legs, punching him in the balls, making him drop.

The last guy stepped out from behind me as they looked at me, and I said, "Simon says duck."

I pivoted and landed my fist right into their face, making them drop. I looked down as the person grabbed their nose. "I told you to duck. Guess you forgot the rules of Simon says."