Oh, Drew, you're going down

My ribs finally healed, and it was time to take Mel on our first official date since last time we had people crash it. First, it seems a specific person needs a little comeuppance for the stunt they did while we played football. Don't think I forgot about that, because I didn't.

I waited until Drew was in class, which was the perfect time to put my plan into action. I opened his dresser drawer and took out every pair of underwear he had, then I opened the container of spicy sauce, which was a cream color. Yeah, red would show, and this needed to be a pleasant surprise for him.

"Dude, you need to hurry," JJ ordered me.

"Keep an eye out for Andy Pandy while I take care of this," I said, pouring the spicy sauce into the crotch of each pair and rubbing them together so it could absorb. Then once I finished, I put them back on how I found them and grabbed the bottles up. Now to get rid of the evidence.

As I walked out of the bedroom, we heard the front door open and a familiar voice. We looked at each other, then darted into our rooms. I needed to stash the empty bottles until I could get rid of them, so I tossed them into a bag in my closet and zipped up my pocket.

We eventually strolled out of our room, making no one none the wiser. Yep, this was going to be good. Break my ribs; I set your dick on fire. That's fair enough.

Later on, I got ready to pick up Mel for our first official date. Since the weather was getting colder, a car comes in handy, so I borrowed Elijah's car. She met me down at the door of her dorm, and I walked her to the car. Once inside, we went to dinner first.

I found a nice little restaurant for the two of us. They seated us, and we ordered our food. We talked about fresh things while we ate.

"It took you long enough to take me out," Mel said to me.

"I like to take my time with things. It's what makes me who I am," I responded.

"I'm learning this more and more with you every day. So, Liam Shaw, tell me why you never dated until now?" Mel asked me.

"Does there have to be a reason?" I asked as I ate.

"Curiosity, I suppose. Plus, I'm a little intrigued," Mel said, leaning on the table.

"Well, you know about the situation with Cassie, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, go on," Mel coaxed.

"After the way she shot me down, I decided relationships weren't my thing. I dated, but that's all they were dates. To get that emotionally involved with someone, you need to put yourself out there, and I promised myself that when the right person came along, maybe I would. Love makes you vulnerable," I said with a look and a slight smirk.

"Maybe, but love also makes you strong. I mean, isn't that the point when you love someone you risk getting your heartbroken, in hopes that they love you enough not to break it? I would hope the person I love would give up everything for me and vice versa. I also hope I can trust them enough never to break my heart," Mel said as she cradled her chin in her palm.

I leaned forward and looked at Mel. "Are you willing to risk the emotional turmoil for hearts and flowers?"

"I'm willing to risk it all for the person I love if it came down to it," Mel said to me without batting an eyelash.

"You're a dreamer, aren't you?" I questioned.

"When you grow up the way I did, dreams sustain you. My aunt is a wonderful person who loves me and has always been good to me. I mean, when you grow up not knowing who your parents were, you take whatever you can get. Plus, I didn't have people raise me whom I didn't know," she said to me.