Life has twists and turns; then there's Mel

Do you know how most guys have that doting girlfriend who does anything for them? Well, they are them, and then there's Mel. I couldn't imagine my life without her since I got used to her, but the girl is crazy. How may you ask? Well, you probably didn't ask. I'll tell you.

Ever since my ribs got re-injured and didn't think I forgot what I have in store for Drew boy. The girl won't leave my side for a second.

"Okay, so I brought chips, cookies, cakes, candy, and everything else I could think of to bring," Mel said, dumping junk food on my bed.

I picked up a candy bar. "It's not that I don't like sweets or appreciate the junk fest, but when I said I was hungry, this wasn't what I meant."

"Oh, I figured you needed comfort food," Mel said, gathering the food back up and putting it back in the bag.

"I've got three broken ribs, not a broken heart from someone breaking up with me. I need actual food," I said, giving Mel a look.

She gave me a slight smile. "Be right back." She left with the bag in hand.

Great now, she made me feel like the worse boyfriend on the face of the earth. I got up and slowly made my way to the door. I opened it to find her standing there, grinning.

"You knew I would feel bad," I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Who me? I have no idea what you mean," she smirked with folded arms.

"Oh? So, make me get out of bed with broken ribs to look for you, and you have no idea what I mean?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nope, not a clue," Mel denied.

I gave Mel a look, and she smirked. See what I mean?

Then she reached over and picked up another bag after setting down the junk food bag. I'm not much of a junk food guy, and that's another story for another day. She pulled out a sandwich. "Then, maybe this would be better."

"That was cold, but I'll take that, if you don't mind," I said, snatching the sandwich from her hand as she giggled.

Yeah, that's our relationship in a nutshell. I confess these feelings, and Mel taunts me with food.

After diving into the deliciousness of my sandwich and finishing it, Mel asked, "So what do you want me to do with the other bag of food?"

"Toss it in the middle of the living room and let the dogs go after it," I smirked, and she laughed. While I'm not into process junk, my family is an entire story. One time I thought the hellions would rip each other's arms off for one lousy candy bar.

So, based on my suggestion, she did that. It was the pain I would handle to see this happen. I watched as she threw all the junk food she bought in the middle of the living room, then watched as chaos ensued with everyone.

JJ walked up to us. "Who threw the dogs a bone?"

I pointed at Mel, and she grinned.

"Nice, I see you're teaching her well," JJ said to me.

"You know it, brother," I smirked.

"How come you're not down there with the others?" Mel asked JJ.

"Preprocess crap? You're kidding, right?" JJ asked her with an arched eyebrow.

"You don't like junk food?" Mel asked JJ.

"No, that's why it's called junk," JJ answered.

"Oh, farmer Ted over here likes things that grow in the ground and cooked from scratch," I said to her, making her laugh.