Mel, meet Elena, my mother

I watched as they stood there after Mom introduced herself to Mel. She looked her up and down then said, "Well, you're not as mousy as Davina or quiet like Lydia. Which begs the question, who's Melinda Michaelson?"

She looked at Mom and said, "A girl who thought your son was gay."

What the fuck? I placed my head in my hand. Why did she have to bring that up? Shoot me now. I looked up to see Mom smiling and the others trying to stifle a laugh.

"That's interesting that you would think Liam is gay. Why made you think that way?" Mom questioned.

"Well, I thought he and RJ were a couple because I never saw them with a girl. They were hanging out at the punch bowl at prom. So I thought they were a couple," Mel stated.

"What? Ryan Matthew Jones, Jr," Ryan yelled to RJ, who came into the kitchen.

RJ looked at Mel. "You had to say something, didn't you?" RJ asked Mel, looking annoyed.

Mel shrugged as Ryan yelled at RJ, "Is there something you want to tell me?"

"No, Dad, I'm not gay. Mel assumes shit before finding out the truth. Trust me; I'm very much straight," RJ told Ryan.

"You know if you were, I wouldn't have a problem with it," Ryan said.

"I'm not fucking gay, all right? Damn, because I haven't found the right girl does not make a guy gay! Nik! Now he's gay!" RJ yelled, getting hostile.

"I think we've already established that years ago," Nik interjected. "Moving on."

This conversation turned into a clusterfuck quickly, and said, "Now that we established that RJ and I aren't gay and Nik is. Dad is a bonafide idiot, and Mom is scary as hell when she's yelling at Dad. Can we move along because I need to lie down? I'm not sure if you people understand the concept of having three broken ribs, but it hurts like a bitch," I said to all of them.

"Liam, go up to the bed and get some rest while Mel and I have a chat," Mom ordered me, and I gave her a look. "And no, your father says nothing stupid, I promise."

I leaned over and whispered to Mel, "Good luck." Then I left and went upstairs with the help of Elijah and JJ.

I laid on my bed, trying to get some rest when I heard a knock at the door, then someone opens the door and walked in. The person sat down on the side of my bed and took their hand, moving my hair from my forehead - mom.

"So, I talked to Melinda, and so did your dad," Mom said.

"Do I even want to know?" I asked suspiciously.

"I would think so. Liam, she's a pleasant girl. She's spunky from talking to her and finding you in your state last night upset her. She panicked, and your dad didn't help the situation, but in his defense, he worries about you boys. The four of you are his life," Mom explained.

"I get that, I do. You should see how harsh Dad was with Mel," I told my mom.

"It's because when he got the alert last night, he was frantic. That's why we sent Frazier with him. Liam, your father, would trade his life for you boys and me if it came to it. His loyalty is like no other. Remember last night he was Dad," Mom reasoned.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I sighed.

"Now, as for Melinda, that girl is crazy. Did she crawl through your bedroom window?" Mom asked me, confused.

"Yep, and I promptly showed her the door," I replied.

Mom laughed, and then I heard a knock at the door, and Dad entered. He walked over and leaned up against the dresser. "Look, Liam, I'm sorry. With everything that happened, I went into protective mode."