21

Everyone was sleeping. It was nice and quiet.

I was the only one awake.

I stared at Harry as he let out soft snores--more like sighs but whatever--I ran my fingers through his curls and he let out a soft groan of pleasure and I smiled, "Grace, go to sl-" He was interrupted by a loud painful scream. I jumped and he quickly stood up, slipping his pajama pants on.

I stood up and ran out of the bedroom with his large black sweater on, "What's going on?!" Niall shouted as we all took off down the stairs. I heard another scream and I slammed my body into the door which had swung open from my body pressure, I screamed myself once I saw what I wanted to unsee.

"Grace!" Harry shouted as he ran in and his eyes widened as he stared down at Perrie's dead body. I dropped to my knees next to her and broke down, tears blurred my vision as they glided down my cheeks, my nose was runny and I couldn't stop sobbing. "Perrie. . ." I whispered as I cradled her head, Zayn stood there with blood running down his bottom lip and chin. His hands were bloody as well.

"What did you do?!" Harry shouted as his eyes turned red, Liam and Niall held him back as the other girls started sobbing into each other's arms. "Perrie, hon. . ." I whispered to her, "Come back to me."

Zayn let out a chuckle that filled the room, "Do you think I'm stupid?!" He hissed at me as I looked up at him. "Get up!" He shouted and grabbed my arm, "Get off of her!" Harry shouted as I screamed from the harsh grab. "You disgusting monster!" I screamed which caused everyone to stop doing what they were doing.

Harry stopped struggling in Niall and Liam's arms, the girls stopped sobbing, Zayn stopped pulling me away, I stopped breathing.

"What did you just call me?" Zayn spat harshly and I gulped, my eyes wide. "A monster." I said sternly as I ripped my arm out of his grasp. "All of you." I murmured before pushing past everyone and running out of the house.

I gasped and began sobbing horribly, it wouldn't stop. Perrie was like a sister to me even if we barely spoke. She always made sure I was alright, made sure I was fed because I wouldn't eat sometimes, she made sure I didn't do anything stupid. She was my rock pretty much aside from Harry.

FUCK.

I called Harry's kind monsters. . . He probably hates me now. Officially. My vampire lover hates me. I can feel it.

"Stop being a crybaby." I looked up at the female before me. Vanity.

"What do you want. . ." I whispered as she sat down next to me, I wiped my damp cheeks off and sniffed. My eyes diverted their stare to the ground, "Who died?" She asked softly and pulled my hair into a messy bun.

"Perrie." I murmured and she frowned, "Poo. She was such a beautiful girl. Zayn kill her?"

"Yeah. . ." I breathed out and she rubbed my back softly. "Well, that wasn't the plan." I looked into her pink and black eyes, she ran her fingers through her hair and leaned her head against her fisted hand. "Plan?"

"Zayn was supposed to tell Perrie everything for you guys to have the information you needed. We knew that you were going to get someone to talk to him about it, but we didn't think it would be Perrie. I guess, something happened between the two while he was telling her the information or. . ." She stopped and stared at the ground, tears clearly in her eyes.

"Or what?" I said a bit loud. "Or, he couldn't handle his mate being on your side. The enemies side." I snorted, "How am I the enemy? I've done nothing wrong."

"You're Harry's mate, Grace." She placed her hand on my knee and stared into my eyes. "You have beautiful hazel eyes, you know that?" She complimented me and I looked down at my hands, "Thanks. But how does me being Harry's mate make me the enemy?"

"He's the strongest out of all of them. It's nearly impossible to beat him, even after he's tortured. If he's fighting for something he loves, he won't stop until he gets to that something. I remember," Here comes an old relationship story that I don't want to hear. "When we were together--Sorry for telling you this--But I remember when we were together, I was taken by the witches council he nearly killed everyone. I mean, he killed most of the witches council just because they took me."

"Why did they take you?"

"Illegal black magic. It's forbidden to use a certain type of black magic, which I used. . . On Harry." She frowned and look at the ground. "Why? Why did you use black magic on him?" She smiled slightly, "Because I loved him."

"Loved?" I repeated and she nodded, "Past tense. I used to love him until I met a certain wolf."

"I swear, isn't that forbidden?"

"Yeah." She laughed and smiled at me, "I have something to tell you." She suddenly said and I stared at her.

"You're a-"

"Tell her. Go on." I jumped at the sudden voice and looked around until I locked eyes with red ones. "Harry. . ." Vanity and I breathed out in union, "Go ahead!" He screamed at her and I frowned. She shook her head and stood up, "You should've already done that." She hissed out and I stared at the ground.

"She can't know. Not now at least."

"If I tell her now, someone can train her."

"Like who?" He chuckled harshly, "You?" She snorted and crossed her arms over her chest. "If I trained her, I'd be teaching her black magic."

"Wait." I stood up quickly and looked at them between the two, confused. "Am I a witch?"

"Technically. You're a half-blooded witch, that's why your blood is different." Vanity said and Harry sighed before speaking, "You're half-blooded because you're a vampire as well which makes your blood so special to the wolves."

"They want to take out the vampire race."

"Which they won't if they don't get to you. Which they won't, also." Harry said and I ran my hands down my face. "What the fuck is happening right now?"

Suddenly, a twig broke and I was in a headlock. "Zayn!" Vanity shouted and I gripped the arm around my neck, trying to breathe. "Let her go, Zayn!" Harry screamed. "Just do something!" I managed to yell and Harry growled as Vanity dug her sharp nails into her cheeks.

"Zayn!" Vanity screamed at the top of her lungs which turned into a bloodcurdling scream causing Harry to cover his ears, as well as Zayn. I ran over to Harry as she soon stopped screaming, Harry wrapped his arms around me tightly and I did the same to him.

"I thought you wanted her dead!" Zayn screamed at Vanity. "Not now! She's not ready!"

"Ready?" I suddenly blurted out and they all looked at me, Vanity yanked my arms away from Harry and ran her sharp nail down it causing it to bleed. I screamed as it began to burn and yanked my arm away, "Vanity!" Harry shouted as he pulled off his shirt and wrapped it around my arm.

Vanity smirked, "Still have that nice body I see."

"Fuck off." I spat at her harshly and she glared at me before her and Zayn disappeared. I locked eyes with Harry, "What did she just do?" I asked.

"You aren't going to stop bleeding until the 'vampire virus' is out of you." He did an air-quote around 'vampire virus'. I shook my head, "But-"

"It's a way to make you a full-blooded witch. Grace," He gripped my shoulders and leaned down a bit to be eye level with me.

"You need to leave."

"Not without you."

"You have to leave without me." I stared at him and suddenly, he was gone.

No. . .